Posted: 9/23/2016 3:35:43 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
* The main function of the Assistant is to learn all aspect of inspection services from the Technician. This will include using, supplying, and/or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment. Following established methods of inspection and procedures to determine product compliance in learning different NDT methods and techniques.
* Assist Technician in project execution and daily tasks assigned as required.
* Assist Technicians with organizing and reporting of service provided.
* Prepare, set-up, and complete all necessary paperwork as required by client and company requirements.
* Set-up boundaries and surveillance of work area, if required, and prevent unauthorized personnel from entering work area.
* Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and procedures at all times.
* Responsible for replenishing and organizing the required supplies, as needed, to perform assign methods.
Responsible for cleanliness of all work areas.
* Observes test procedures and product compliance to learn internal and industry specifications.
* Observe and learn the procedures required to perform work and gain certification in the required NDT methods.
* Observe and learn proper documentation process required for NDT testing.
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude toward internally and externally.
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy.
* Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* This is an entry level position with minimum or no experience required.
* Experience in NDT industry is highly desirable.
* 40 Hrs. Radiation Safety Course preferred.
* Must have state Radiographer Trainee Card.
Applus+ is one of the world's leading testing, inspection and certification companies with its North American headquarters in Sugar Land, Texas, USA. We provide specialized non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services, located in the center of numerous unique industries which provides our employees with a broad range of experience.
We provide NDT, engineering, manpower and inspection services in all aspects of the aerospace, power, and oil and gas industries, including exploration, transmission, refining, and storage facilities.