Nadcap QC Manager
Posted: 12/23/2016 12:01:32 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
NY New York
* The purpose of the Project Manager II - Nadcap is to lead and manage Manage QA Support for compliance with our Nadcap aerospace program/projects with revenue up to 5 million dollars including managing project staffing, timely completion, quality, safety, and financial metrics in line with company and client expectations. This position is responsible for taking a leadership role in the projects assigned including reporting, resolving, and escalating issues as they arise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage QA Support for compliance with our Nadcap aerospace program.
* Responsible Level 3 for the Syracuse office (Nadcap Requirement.
* Determine operational requirements including resources needed, training required, project scope and schedule; define and establish operational priorities; and establish financial objectives for projects with revenue up to 5 million dollars
* Establish and implement project management processes and procedures to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards and meet customer and Applus+ expectations.
* Review project status with Manager focusing on schedules, issues, billing and risks, with plans to address variances.
* Monitor project performance ensuring financial, safety, quality and customer objectives are in line with the established project plan
* Ensure operational excellence for the project by measuring key performance indicators such as client satisfaction, utilization and company goals
* Review and monitor project spending by tracking labor efficiency, project cost and other related items that impact profitability
* Ensure world-class delivery and execution of projects.
* Conduct site visits (as required) for project start-ups, safety audits, performance audits and client relations.
* Conduct post project reviews to develop lessons learned with an emphasis on best practices and improvement points to apply to future projects.
* Ensure compliance and maintenance of corporate practices such as forecasting, accruals and billing as required
* Work with the business development and management team to identify new clients and work opportunities for the department; communicating directly with business development to inform of potential new opportunities
* Consult with clients before, during and after project to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
* Must maintain a strong focus on cross functional teamwork with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy.
* Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
Education and Work Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Receipt Inspector Level 2 for the Syracuse office (Nadcap Requirement).
* NAS 410 MT Level 3 for MT technique generation and approvals.
Receipt Inspector Level 2 minimum for receiving quality PO items
* Requires seven plus (7+) years of field supervisor experience.
Background in handling inspections related to:
* Nadcap aerospace program
* Two year experience in inspection related activities.
Applus+ is one of the world's leading testing, inspection and certification companies with its North American headquarters in Sugar Land, Texas, USA. We provide specialized non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services, located in the center of numerous unique industries which provides our employees with a broad range of experience.
We provide NDT, engineering, manpower and inspection services in all aspects of the aerospace, power, and oil and gas industries, including exploration, transmission, refining, and storage facilities.