Supervisor II NADCAP
Posted: 1/27/2017 12:07:56 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
NY New York
* The main function of the Supervisor II is to directly supervise and coordinate Nadcap QA Support for compliance with our Nadcap aerospace program/projects; supervising crew sizes between 11 - 19 crews and act as the direct point of contact for the client. The Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all activities are in compliance with client and company expectations. This position is responsible for taking a leadership role in the projects assigned including reporting, resolving, and escalating issues as they arise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supervise QA Support for compliance with our Nadcap aerospace program.
* Is responsible Level 3 for the Syracuse office (Nadcap Requirement.
* Determine operational requirements including resources needed, training required, project scope and schedule; define and establish operational priorities; and establish financial objectives for projects with revenue up to 5 million dollars
Provide technical support for NACAP field operations on the following.
* Ensure quality assurance operational objectives and policies are being met in and adhered to in compliance with company policies and procedures
* Ensure operational safety performance, objectives, and policies are being met in and adhered to in compliance with company policies and procedures
* Conduct site visits (as required) for safety audits, performance audits and client relations.
* Conduct post project reviews to develop lessons learned with an emphasis on best practices and improvement points to apply to future projects.
* Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities.
* Contact new and existing clients to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
* Answer clients' questions about products, availability, or technical support.
* Must maintain a strong focus on cross functional teamwork with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Ensures that employees are properly trained and that their skills are developed to satisfy the operational goals of the company to stay competitive, yet profitable.
* Document and organize feedback from client interactions to identify opportunities for service delivery improvement and other technology and service opportunities.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
* High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
* Receipt Inspector Level 2 for the Syracuse office (Nadcap Requirement).
* NAS 410 MT Level 3 for MT technique generation and approvals.
* Receipt Inspector Level 2 minimum for receiving quality PO items
* Requires seven plus (7+) years of field supervisor experience.
* Background in handling inspections related to: Nadcap aerospace program
Applus+ is one of the world's leading testing, inspection and certification companies with its North American headquarters in Sugarland, Texas, USA. We provide specialized non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services, located in the center of numerous unique industries which provides our employees with a broad range of experience.
We provide NDT, engineering, manpower and inspection services in all aspects of the aerospace, power, and oil and gas industries, including exploration, transmission, refining, and storage facilities.
Job Locations US-NY-Syracuse