Ut Shearwave - Chesapeake, VA
Posted: 3/22/2017 8:00:11 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
1 888 287 5227
Applied Technical Services
Full Time - Permanent
To Be Discussed
Applied Technical Services, Inc. (ATS) is a premier provider of high quality consulting engineering, testing, and inspection services. We are currently seeking qualified Level II UT Shearwave technicians to help support our operations in Chesapeake, VA.
LOCAL APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGE TO APPLY!
Level II Technicians are qualified to set up and calibrate equipment and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
All applicants must:
• Successfully complete a criminal background check, drug and alcohol screening test
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Strong work ethic and be dependable
• Exceptional safety and quality awareness
• Possess a high Mechanical aptitude
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Certified or Certifiable to Level II in UT-Shearwave
• Other NDT certifications such as MT, PT, and VT are preferred but not required.
• Be able to set-up and calibrate equipment
• Conduct Tests with appropriate NDT method/s
• Be familiar with the scope and limitations of the method in which certified
• Interpret, evaluate and document results.
• Must be willing and able to work at heights, confined spaces, outdoors and in labs, manufacturing and industrial sites.
• Must be willing and able to travel, work odd hours, work over time, work varying hours and a varying schedule.
• Must have good communication skills and be computer literate.
• Must be drug free and have a valid drivers license with a good driving record.