NDT Technician Assistant
Posted: 4/12/2017 8:26:01 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Temporary and Full Time Positions available
TEAM Industrial Services, Inc. was recently recognized as "One of the fastest growing companies in America" by both Forbes and Fortune magazines. Because of this growth we are constantly looking to add new team members that can relate to our core values and help us continue our growth. At TEAM you will find an environment that is open and inviting and appreciates the individual as well as team contributions of our employees.
TEAM Industrial Services, Inc. (NYSE: TISI) was founded in 1973 and is a leading provider of specialty industrial services that are required in maintaining high temperature, high pressure piping systems and vessels utilized extensively in the refining, petrochemical, power, pipeline and other heavy industries. The aerospace and automotive industries also rely on TEAM's inspection services.
TEAM has the largest North American service network in its industry, with more than 80 locations across the continent. The nearly 4,000 employees at TEAM have provided it with the largest North American market share in its industry, and have created a strong heritage of profitable, organic growth. TEAM also serves the international market through both its own international subsidiaries, and through licensed arrangements in 14 countries.
External Description Search
Position Title: Assistant NDT Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Reports to: Branch Manager or Branch Operations Manager
*Works a fluctuating schedule dependant on project needs.
*Must have TWIC card
*Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Test and Hair Follicle Test
Assist the Level II Technician with the designated NDT method while gaining experience and knowledge.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Maintain safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concerns.
· Perform all duties as assigned and adhere to TEAM's Core Values of:
· Safety First – in everything we do.
· Integrity – means doing the right thing.
· Service Leadership – throughout the company.
· Innovation – supports continuous growth and improvement.
· Pride and Respect – for ourselves and our company.
· Assist technicians in set-up/tear-down of equipment; perform routine and preventive maintenance tasks, calibrations and overall equipment and facilities upkeep.
· Assist technicians in project execution and daily tasks associated with providing industrial maintenance services.
· Assist with proper documentation and reports of services provided.
· Learn and abide by company policies and procedures.
· May only operate radiographic equipment under the direct visual watch and supervision or a radiographer or radiographic instructor.
· Maintain constant surveillance and immediate control of industrial radiographic equipment at all times while in use.
· Secure industrial radiographic equipment from unauthorized removal at all times, when not tended under constant surveillance and immediate control.
· Prevent all unauthorized personnel from being within the restricted area boundaries while industrial radiographic equipment is in use.
· Provide the required notification to appropriate safety management personnel in the event of an incident, and to provide assistance as necessary.
· Capable of being certified trust worth and reliable per NRC criteria.
NON ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Perform other related duties assigned by supervisors.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and respond to short notice work assignments which requires occasional out of town and overnight travel.
· Must be able to communicate with clients, supervisor and co-workers.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
· Ability to read technical documents and engineering specifications is preferred.
· Proven ability to follow precise directions and procedures.
· Proven ability to adapt to an ever-changing schedule.
· Field duties require outdoor work in a plant atmosphere.
· Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
· Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
· Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
· May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
· May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
· Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds.
· Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively.
· Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations.
· Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties.
· Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
· Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells.
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
TEAM Industrial Services, Inc. strictly prohibits discrimination against applicants, employees, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Must be local to the Benicia, Ca area
Must be able to pass a hair follicle drug test
Must have a TWIC Card