Posted: 5/18/2017 12:31:05 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Transportation Technology Center, Inc
The Transportation Technology Center, Inc. located in Pueblo, Colorado is a leader in research for the rail industry. As a member of our team you will be consistently contributing to the advancement of safety and efficiency of railway systems world-wide. TTCI employs a diverse workforce, including industry recognized railway researchers and widely talented support staff. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work with great people in a steadfast industry, please review the following work requirements and contact us with questions or interest! TTCI offers a full benefit package to include relocation assistance, gym membership and a work schedule that allows for two 3-day weekends every month!
Staff engineer responsible for identifying discontinuities and studying the metallurgical properties of various materials and components used in the railroad industry. Individual will apply his/her knowledge, skills and experience in nondestructive evaluation/testing (NDE/NDT) and metallurgy to optimize safety, integrity, and life costs of customer’s assets. Travel to field locations to coordinate testing activities may be involved.
•Responsible for testing and evaluating the efficiency, characteristics and performance of industry components and materials in accordance with applicable guidelines, specifications, standards and customer contract requirements.
•Assists in the preparation and inspection of metallurgical samples. Requires sample cutting, grinding, polishing, and etching. NDE of materials is required using, as a minimum, visual, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, and ultrasonic test methods.
•Responsibility also includes maintenance of equipment and supplies. Some of the aspects expected to complete will be 1) Understanding and using NDT equipment, 2) Perform rail flaw inspections, 3) Design test plans, 4) Generating inspection reports, 5) Operate metallurgy lab equipment. Position requires excellent analytical, documentation and reporting skills.
Apply on line at: https://jobs-aar.icims.com/jobs/1281/ndt-engineer/job
TTCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status.
• Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering with focus in NDE/NDT or equivalent combination of education and experience including formal training and experience in nondestructive and materials testing.
• Candidate should hold NDT level I or II certification in VT, LPT, MPT, UT.
• Candidate must have a thorough knowledge of materials and their characteristics. Knowledge and experience in the efficient and safe use and operation of equipment and chemicals used in performing metallurgical and nondestructive evaluations.
• Physical Demands: This work requires walking, standing, bending, and sitting, ability to lift 30 – 50 lbs. and work in adverse weather conditions.