Project Manager Iii
Posted: 6/23/2017 4:39:21 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
* The purpose of the Project Manager III is to lead and manage projects with revenue greater than 5 million dollars including managing project staffing, timely completion, quality, safety, and financial metrics in line with company and client expectations. This position is responsible for taking a leadership role in the projects assigned including reporting, resolving, and escalating issues as they arise. This position also is responsible for managing multiple Project Managers ensuring all projects are being managed according to company and client expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage and oversee multiple Project Managers ensuring the deliverables of all projects are on time and per the project scope.
* Ensure Quality, Safety, and Financial policies are being adhered to by all Project Managers; take corrective action when needed to address any deficiencies.
* Determine operational requirements including resources needed, training required, project scope and schedule; define and establish operational priorities; and establish financial objectives for projects with revenue greater than 5 million dollars.
* Establish and implement project management processes and procedures to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards and meet customer and Applus+ expectations.
* Review project status with Project Managers focusing on schedules, issues, billing and risks, with plans to address variances.
* Monitor project performance ensuring financial, safety, quality and customer objectives are in line with the established project plan
* Ensure operational excellence for the project by measuring key performance indicators such as client satisfaction, utilization and company goals
* Review and monitor project spending by tracking labor efficiency, project cost and other related items that impact profitability
* Ensure world-class delivery and execution of projects.
* Conduct site visits (as required) for project start-ups, safety audits, performance audits and client relations.
* Conduct post project reviews to develop lessons learned with an emphasis on best practices and improvement points to apply to future projects.
* Ensure compliance and maintenance of corporate practices such as forecasting, accruals and billing as required
* Work with the business development and management team to identify new clients and work opportunities for the department; communicating directly with business development to inform of potential new opportunities
* Consult with clients before, during and after project to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
* Must maintain a strong focus on cross functional teamwork with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and procedures at all times.
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude internally and externally
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy.
* Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
Education and Work Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Requires ten plus (10+) years of project management experience.
* Background in handling inspections related to:
* Area of expertise: tanks, pipelines etc.
* Two year experience in inspection related activities (QC, NDT, etc.).
* Two years experience in lean processes preferred.
* Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
* Maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment for all staff ensuring all company policies are being followed
* Maintain staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results in partnership with human resources
Ceritificates and Licenses Required:
* Certification as an Inspector required in most cases (or equivalent approved by client). Extensive practical experience required.
* Must have the ability to meet the following company certification standards:
* Green Belt or higher certification preferred.
* PMP certification preferred.
* Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program.
Applus+ is one of the world's leading testing, inspection and certification companies with its North American headquarters in Sugar Land, Texas, USA. We provide specialized non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services, located in the center of numerous unique industries which provides our employees with a broad range of experience.
We provide NDT, engineering, manpower and inspection services in all aspects of the aerospace, power, and oil and gas industries, including exploration, transmission, refining, and storage facilities.
Please see job description