Posted: 6/23/2017 5:09:34 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
The Compliance Manager is responsible for the radiation safety and occupational safety programs in the division.
Works with all levels of the divisional organization to ensure radiation safety and environmental compliance. This position will work closely with operations to develop plans, procedures and training to accomplish these and other radiation and environmental safety goals.
Administers Radiation Safety Procedures and maintains required records and documentation.
Directs the investigation of radiation safety incidents and ensures all corrective actions are completed.
Coordinates the delivery of radiation safety classes and radiation safety examinations.
Establish and oversee all operating, emergency, ALARA procedures; audit routinely to ensure compliance with all regulations.
Monitors occupation radiation exposures to identify trends and potential problems.
Monitors transportation of radioactive materials to ensure compliance with Hazmat-DOT regulations.
Involvement in any licensing and reciprocity actions.
Recommends new methods and approaches toward improving radiation safety within the division to ensure compliance and where possible, exceed the expectations for compliance to maintain the excellent standing of the company.
Responsible for site compliance with all Acuren Inspection safety procedures and policies as well as all safety regulations. Administers all safety and occupational health policies in the Acuren Inspection safety manual, and maintain the required records and documentation.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Some college preferred
• Technical background desired
Experience in Tool and Equipment Calibration Required
• Five to ten years experience in an NDT environment.
• Technical certifications in NDT methods.
• Experience as a Radiation Safety Officer.
• Understanding and knowledge of "The Regulations for the Control of Radiation and the Environmental Protection Compliance" issues as it relates to a NDT company.
• Strong work ethic
• Exceptional safety and quality awareness
• Mechanical aptitude
• Adaptable to changing schedules
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Team work
• Ability to follow directions and procedures
• Willingness to Travel
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
• Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, visual acuity, accommodation and color vision
• Moving, carrying, lifting, objects in excess of 50 lbs
• Climbing and working off of ladders, stairs, and scaffolding in excess of 100 ft
• Working extended hours and standing for extended periods of time
• Work in indoor and outdoor environments in conditions of extreme heat and cold
• Work in and near industrial hazards.