NDT Level 2 Inspector
Posted: 9/6/2017 1:23:48 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
ATC Manufacturing is looking for a motivated, high energy, self-directing NDT Level 2 inspector in Ultrasonics to become part of our organization. ATC Manufacturing is a premier manufacturing company specializing in providing high quality press formed of thermoplastic composites for the aerospace industry. This position involves inspection of Thermoplastic composite materials using manual and automated Phased Array C-Scan Ultrasonics. The successful candidate will hold an NAS410-compliant Level 2 certification, prior work experience with the ultrasonic NDI method, preferably in aerospace composites.
Primary Responsibilities are as follows:
1. Maintain effective communications with Executives, Production, Skilled Trades, Supply Chain and other groups that are involved with assignment.
2. Become very familiar with specifications of parts and processes, both internal and external as applicable to assigned areas.
3. Perform inspections per approved Procedures and Technique Sheets, analyze, apply NDI and evaluation technique fundamentals and evaluate results of processes used during production.
4. Coordinate with engineering, production management, and NDI personnel to continually improve testing methods, techniques, and facilities with an eye towards improving efficiency, accuracy, and completeness.
5. Demonstrate personal reliability and responsibility with regards to company requirements for part through-put and inspection integrity.
6. Have the skills and knowledge to set up and standardize equipment, process parts, interpret and evaluate for acceptance or rejection, and document results.
7. Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the technique/method in which they are certified.
8. Have the skills and knowledge to conduct system performance checks in accordance with applicable process standard.
9. Be capable of providing the necessary guidance and/or supervision to trainees and Level 1.
10. Be familiar with the codes, standards and other contractual documents that control the method(s) as used by the employer.
11. When required, be capable of developing work instructions from approved general procedures. Such work instructions shall require final approval by a Level 3 certified in the method.
12. Have a basic knowledge of relevant product manufacturing and inspection technology.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. History of Level 2 certification with aerospace composite material inspection experience.
2. Knowledgeable of aircraft structures and composite materials.
3. Knowledgeable in manufacturing processes for aerospace composites.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills, experience in technical writing.
5. Proficiency with general computing skills including MSOffice suite.
6. Attention to detail with focus on quality and accuracy