Posted: 10/24/2017 8:59:13 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
* The main function of the CAD 2 is to prepare drawings used in the layout and inspection of oil and gas fields, refineries, chemical plants, and process piping systems. Perform research, investigation, analysis, and reconciliation to ensure correctness of data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Layout and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
* Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
* Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery using computer-assisted equipment.
* Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy.
* Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Intermediate CAD Knowledge.
* Commands to input intermediate CAD data, print, export PDF's, create blocks, auto leaders, use fields, ect
* Ability to draw in standard and isometric mode
* Experience with surveying projects preferred
* Some experience interpreting engineering plan sets and preparing base drawings
* Strong mathematical skills; solving and evaluating basic algebraic equations.
* Knowledge of traditional drafting techniques in order to fully understand and explain concepts.
* Strong computer skills, to include, but not limited to: Basic webpage design (create and manage articles, file uploading and management, and basic HTML code), fluent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Autodesk AutoCAD software and Scanners, Plotters / Printers
* Must have analytical capabilities for customer needs assessment and solutions identification.
* A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, and follow-thru.
* Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
* Knowledge of Industry Codes.
* Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Unusually decisive in handling difficult problems. Translates problems into practical solutions.
* Shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be completed.
* Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus+. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Possess excellent communication skills to convey information to customers and colleagues effectively.
* Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
* Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
* Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
Education and Work Experience:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Associates degree in CAD or Engineering Design preferred
* 3-5 years in relevant field or education and certification combined equivalent.
* 2 years of experience in related field/industry highly desirable.
Certificates and Licenses:
* Drafters Certification preferred but not required.
* Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program.
Applus+ is one of the world's leading testing, inspection and certification companies with its North American headquarters in Sugar Land, Texas, USA. We provide specialized non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services, located in the center of numerous unique industries which provides our employees with a broad range of experience.
We provide NDT, engineering, manpower and inspection services in all aspects of the aerospace, power, and oil and gas industries, including exploration, transmission, refining, and storage facilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
State/Country: North America,--Texas