Advanced Tech Super
Posted: 10/24/2017 9:02:52 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
The main function of the Supervisor Advanced 1 is to directly supervise and coordinate activities of crew sizes between 1 - 10 Advanced crews and act as the direct point of contact for the client. The Supervisor Advanced 1 is responsible for ensuring all activities are in compliance with client and company expectations.
Duties and Responsiblities:
* Examine and inspect work progress, equipment, and job sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are met.
* Responsible for providing the necessary leadership to plan, organize, assign tasks, direct, coordinate, and control the field operations to meet all client relationships within the field office.
* Provide technical support for field operations on the following:
* Ensure quality assurance operational objectives and policies are being met in and adhered to in compliance with company policies and procedures
* Ensure operational safety performance, objectives, and policies are being met in and adhered to in compliance with company policies and procedures
* Conduct site visits (as required) for safety audits, performance audits and client relations.
* Conduct post project reviews to develop lessons learned with an emphasis on best practices and improvement points to apply to future projects.
* Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities.
* Contact new and existing clients to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
* Answer clients' questions about products, availability, or technical support.
* Must maintain a strong focus on cross functional teamwork with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Ensures that employees are properly trained and that their skills are developed to satisfy the operational goals of the company to stay competitive, yet profitable.
* Document and organize feedback from client interactions to identify opportunities for service delivery improvement and other technology and service opportunities.
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy.
* Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
* Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees in compliance with company policy.
* Maintain and Foster a safe, secure, and legal work environment for all staff ensuring all company policies are being followed
* Maintain staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results in partnership with human resources
* Maintain and promote a positive attitude toward all direct employees, coworkers, and clients.
* Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of all direct employees.
* Review, validate, and approve reporting employees' timesheet and reports.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Extensive knowledge of industry standards including:
- Eddy Current Testing required
- AWS, ASME, API (510 & 570) preferred;
- Working knowledge of NDE methodologies also a plus.
* Proficient in the following equipment / software:
- Advanced Eddy Current equipment and software
- Strong leadership, project supervision, analytical, problem solving skills and conflict resolution skills, ability to gain consensus through mediation/collaboration.
- A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, and follow-thru
- Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
- Shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be done.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
- Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
- Strong computer skills, specifically MS Office suite of products
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process.
- Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments without sacrificing efficiency or quality of the work.
- Communicate and deal with clients and other parties in person in such a manner as to benefit the professional reputation of the company
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with diverse groups of people.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including technical writing and presenting skills.
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus RTD. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
Education and Work Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent from an accredited university or college preferred.
* Previous experience or in depth familiarity with the following:
* applicable departmental field experience
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in related field preferred.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* Certification as an Inspector required in most cases (or equivalent approved by client). Extensive practical experience required.
* Must have the ability to meet the following company certification standards: MT, PT, RT, UT, ECT
* Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program.
Applus+ is one of the world's leading testing, inspection and certification companies with its North American headquarters in Sugarland, Texas, USA. We provide specialized non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services, located in the center of numerous unique industries which provides our employees with a broad range of experience.
We provide NDT, engineering, manpower and inspection services in all aspects of the aerospace, power, and oil and gas industries, including exploration, transmission, refining, and storage facilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
State/Country: North America,--Texas