S & R Clerk
Posted: 10/26/2017 12:06:17 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
* Oversees all incoming and outgoing work, and provides a smooth flow of material to each inspection department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Receiving of parts
* Cursory review of customer purchase order / work order
* Counting of parts
* Visual inspection of parts for shipping damage
* Identify incoming work via stamping, tagging, etc.
* Move parts and travelers to appropriate inspection areas
* Packaging of parts for outgoing shipments
* Create bill of lading, UPS, USPS, Fed-Ex etc.
* Contact customers when jobs are completed
* Provide support as needed to the Customer Service department
* Observe the Corporate Quality Assurance and Quality System policies at all times.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to follow safety regulations.
* HMIS labeling, hazardous material control, and ability to coordinate truck traffic.
* Computer literate with emphasis on Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
* Ability to read and understand technical documents relating to the applicable method.
* High level of interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively with others.
* Assist in the maintaining of the KAIZEN 6S discipline.
* SORT: Eliminate everything not required for the current work, keeping only the bare essentials.
* STRAIGHTEN: Arrange items in a way that they are easily visible and accessible.
* SHINE: Clean everything and find ways to keep it clean. Make cleaning a part of your everyday work.
* STANDARDIZE: Create rules by which the first 3 S's are maintained.
* SUSTAIN: Keep 5S activities from unraveling
* SAFETY: Eliminate hazards
* Utilize Hi-lo & crane and other material handling equipment
* Ability and willingness to understand all NDT methods.
* Ability to work effectively with others and in a team environment.
* Flexible to work any shift and overtime as required.
* Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of X-Ray Industries.
Education and Work Experience:
* High School diploma or equivalent.
X-Ray Industries, an Applus+ company, is a well-established non-destructive testing service provider in the Aerospace industry. With over 75 years of experience, X-Ray Industries is the oldest, most-established NDT provider, offering a broad range of testing and inspection capabilities.