Field Service Tech
Posted: 10/27/2017 1:44:58 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Field Service Tech
Snoqualmie, WA, United States
ESSENTIAL TASKS & DUTIES:
• Perform Field Service activities including but not limited to, inspections of tubing in Nuclear Steam Generators and condensers. Activities may include data acquisition, technical support, repairs and calibration of Zetec equipment and direct interface with customer.
• Participate in inspection activities to provide technical advice and consultation, acquire real time first hand product performance information; and provide summary reports to other Zetec stakeholders as required (e.g. Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, etc.).
• Participate in customer inquiry responses for technical and application support on Zetec systems.
• Perform installations, electrical and mechanical repairs, and overall systems troubleshooting in a radiological controlled environment as needed.
• Analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot malfunctions of instruments and/or equipment and perform necessary steps to repair equipment. Communicate with customers to understand failure mechanisms as required.
• Provide documentation for effective solutions to customer for use and application issues.
• Make suggestions to Engineering Department to improve the fabrication or function of the equipment and/or checkout of the equipment.
• Provide training and leadership to other members of the team.
• Perform necessary pre-inspection preparation activities to ensure success in field.
• Ability to work independently and represent Zetec in a professional manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Be a self-starter, accountable for your actions, and work well without supervision.
• Respond to change productively and positively.
• Follow all Zetec safety policies and quality assurance requirements.
• Maintain department cleanliness and safe working conditions.
• Domestic and international travel, as required. Up to 50% travel may be required.
• Overtime as required.
Education Minimum Requirements/Equivalent
• AA degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent experience.
• Minimum (3) three years of electro-mechanical experience, or equivalent.
• Demonstrated leadership experience.
• Demonstrated Project Management experience.
• Direct experience in performing NDE (Non-Destructive Evaluation) activities.
• Experience supporting and instructing customers in technical areas both independently and as a team.
• Manage resourcing, scheduling, task assignments and general proactive job preparation.
• Able to lead multi-disciplined jobs and teams; manage crews of up to 20 people
Learn more about us at www.zetec.com.
Zetec, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.