Rope Access Project Manager
Posted: 12/7/2017 1:38:40 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Mistras Group, Inc.
MISTRAS strives to provide a positive work environment that values excellence in safety and quality, free from discrimination and harassment. Every MISTRAS employee plays a part in our Company’s success and making this a great place to work. We are committed to a work place where all employees are free to raise issues, concerns and questions for the improvement of our operations and work environment. Safety is the overriding priority in everything we do; all duties critical to safety, quality, and environmental protection are carried out in compliance with all requirements and with personal accountability.
The AIM Division Project Manager (Office Based) is responsible for meeting the customer’s needs and assuring good customer service through managing day to day operations of assigned projects. This includes working closely with clients to schedule projects and personnel, supplying equipment to meet project specifications, developing strong customer relations and reacting promptly to customer questions and concerns.
• The AIM Division Project Manager primary responsibility will be to serve as a liaison between the client interface and project execution supervisor, with a focus on leading, organizing, mentoring and over-seeing project execution.
• As company needs dictate, and in close consultation with the AIM Division Manager, the Project Manager will coordinate offshore projects at various points including from project initiation through to project closure. Examples of tasks include, but are not limited to:
o Consults on the preparation of estimates and proposal(s);
o Prepares and/or exchanges required documentation with the customer and /or site personnel, including but not limited to site permitting, safe work plans, pre- and post-project meetings, project execution method statements, developing risk assessment for project task, conducting pre-job meeting with crews and clients.
o Manage day to day operations of assigned projects and the associated costs within
o Utilization of key performance indicators to increase customer value
o Responsible for assigned project Profit and Loss statements and economic performance
o Properly complete all required administrative duties and work closely with other departments to ensure SEMS compliance
o Ensure proper use of all company resources including tools, equipment and other typical assets
o Organizing crews qualified for all project duties and can adjust to evolving work environment
• Provides exemplary customer service and support that reflects integrity, collaboration, respect and timely follow through with internal and external inquiries.
• Participates in conference calls or meetings with travel as needed.
• Uses effective leadership, management and training to shape the performance of assigned team members in keeping with company expectations, job descriptions and policy standards. Documents and provides timely assessments to assigned personnel to recognize, reinforce or modify their performance. Boosts or maintains team morale at every appropriate opportunity.
• Follows company policies, procedures and work instructions always. Knows, understands and exemplifies the Company’s policies, procedures and work instructions at all times. Knows, understands and exemplifies the Company’s Expedition Behaviors on a consistent basis.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned and as outlined in company policies, procedures, and directed work practices.
• SPRAT/IRATA Rope Access Lv. 3
• BOSIET/HUET/Water Survival
• Other offshore SEMS Certifications
• If candidate does not have offshore SEMS certifications they must be physically able to obtain
Suggested Experience Required:
• 10+ years of Rope Access experience
• 5+ years of Rope Access Project Supervision experience
• Prior Rope Access Project Management experience preferred
• High school diploma or GED is required, advanced education is preferred
• Working knowledge of NDE, Construction, ISIP, offshore typical projects, Confine Space Entry / Rescue
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Strong communication skills to promote good team environment
• Sales and/or marketing experience a plus
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
• If assigned by the Company, must undergo and successfully pass medical clearance examination(s), physical agility test(s), and/or functional capacity test(s) administered by a Company-approved clinician.
• Occasional job-site visit that may include: stairs, ladders, work in confine space, repetitive or tedious work often in adverse conditions (heat, cold, wind, extreme height, darkness, etc.) and often for extended periods of time.
• Frequent lifting up to 30 lbs.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Mistras Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity provider.
Rope Access Project Manager