Major Projects Super
Posted: 2/2/2018 10:40:41 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
The purpose of the Major Projects Supervisor is to support Major Project Operations by ensuring compliance with quality, safety, and documentation practices as well aiding in oversight and execution of all operational project related tasks
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist with developing client specific procedures for all Major Projects (new construction pipeline); this includes but is not limited to reviewing client specifications, understanding qualification specifications and working with the Major Projects Manager and Technical Advisor to develop any field and company specific procedures.
* Enforce compliance with all company and client quality policies, procedures, and specifications for all Major Projects; this includes compliance in all field operations for all new construction pipeline projects under the guidance of the Major Projects Manager.
Perform Quality Assurance Field Auditing including but not limited to the following:
* Auditing of Film, Rotoscan and Rayscan Data Files
* Auditing of record keeping practices to ensure consistency between all jobsites and projects
* Auditing of all hardcopy documentation to ensure all files are accounted for as needed to include all daily, weekly and monthly records.
* Audit client turnover package to ensure correct formatting and required data present.
* Audit required personnel and equipment certification to ensure conformance to specification and procedural requirements.
* Audit all site safety paperwork to ensure compliance
* Report findings to Major Projects Manager and Senior Compliance Manager; recommend corrective actions where needed; escalate immediate quality issues.
* Assist the Major Projects Manager and working with the Operations Supervisor and Operations Manager in the execution of projects from award through completion to include but not limited to:
* Collaborate with Technical Advisor and shop personnel to assist in ensuring all inspection units are equipped with necessary equipment and are correctly dispatched to site in accordance with client specifications.
* Maintain and inventory equipment to ensure adequate equipment is available to facilitate project requirements; escalate when there are inventory concerns.
* Ensure all client specific documents are made available and utilized by project personnel.
* Attend jobsite kickoffs to ensure all fundamental record keeping, procedures and equipment are available and in order prior to commencement of work.
Perform Project Coordination including but not limited to the following:
* Communicate and train Field Personnel as needed per client expectations, specifications, and report forms.
* Identify project requirement needs and coordinate the request and delivery of any supplies, tools, or equipment required for projects.
* Act as the JANX's site representative to resolve quality and safety issues and equipment issues; reporting all issues up to the Major Projects Manager.
* Perform Operator Qualification Auditing including but not limited to the following:
* Act as Subject Matter Expert, perform Evaluations for Veriforce, NCCER, ISNetWorld
* Proctor industry required examinations (e.g. NCCER)
Assure Client OQ requirements are met
* Communicate routinely any quality concerns or issues with the Major Projects Manager and the Senior Compliance Manager.
* Assist with JANX policy rollout and training for Field Technicians.
* Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and procedures at all times.
* Follow and enforce Company policies at all times.
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude internally and externally
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment for all staff ensuring all company policies are being followed
* Train, mentor and guide field personnel in correct operational activities including NDT, safety, radiation safety, and quality documentation requirements and processes.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Understanding of NDT codes including but not limited to UT, MT, PT, RT, and VT
* As applicable to the project, thorough knowledge of Advanced NDT inspections such as Pipeline Integrity, AUT, UT-SW, and RTR and field application of those methods, techniques and procedures.
* As applicable to the project and skill set, ability to set up both conventional and advanced NDT equipment, conducts tests, interpret and evaluate findings in compliance with required specifications, standards and or customer specifications; this includes Rayscan, Rotoscan, and other advanced NDT equipment.
* Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite of products
* The ability to understand the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
* Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments.
* Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Unusually decisive in handling difficult problems. Translates problems into practical solutions.
* Shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be done.
* Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
* Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
* Detail orientated, and deadline driven
* Adaptability and flexibility
* Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, to diverse groups of people
* Ability to effectively communicate ideas and suggestions professionally
* Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time
* Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus+ and JANX. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment
Education and Work Experience:
* Minimum 5+ years in a supervision or quality role
* Minimum 10+ years of applicable experience working in the NDT field / oil and gas service industry
Training, knowledge, and field experience in NDT Advanced Services required such as AUT, RTR, UT-SW and other advanced NDT methods, as applicable to the project requirements.
* Must have the ability to maintain company and industry certification standards.
JANX is a well-established company and leads the market in highly specialized non-destructive testing and inspection services. JANX is located in the center of numerous unique industries which provides our employees with a wide range of experience.
We provide NDT, new construction, maintenance, and inspection services in all aspects of the oil and gas industries, including exploration, transmission, refining, storage facilities, and all oil related support industries.
Please see the job description