Posted: 2/16/2018 2:29:21 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Acuren Inspection Inc
With 90 locations throughout North America, Acuren Inspection, Inc. is the leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). Providing a wide range of services in many industries including: Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace. Inspection is our history and our focus for growth. We are a Rockwood company, the worldwide leader in NDT service and technology with over 3,000 technical professionals in Acuren, Hellier NDT Training, and Sperry Rail Service -- NDT firms run by NDT people!
Acuren Inspection is looking for a Radiation Safety Officer to support the Northwest operations from its Portland, OR Location.
The Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) is the primary liaison between the Licensee and Government Regulatory Agencies. The RSO works with all levels of the divisional organization to ensure radiation safety and environmental compliance. This position will work closely with operations to develop plans, procedures and training to accomplish these and other radiation and environmental safety goals.
* Ensures compliance with Radiation Safety and Environmental Programs. Audit on-the-job radiation safety performance and compliance and corrective actions
* Ensure that required surveys and leak tests are performed and documented.
* Administers Radiation Safety Procedures and maintain required records and documentation.
* Participates in the investigation of radiation safety incidents and ensure all corrective actions completed.
* Maintains divisional statistics and prepares monthly reports.
* Coordinates the delivery of radiation safety classes and radiation safety examinations. Monitors Hazardous Waste disposal in the division.
* Establish and oversee all operating, emergency, ALARA procedures audit routinely to ensure compliance to all regulations.
* Monitor occupation radiation exposures to identify trends and potential problems
* Monitors transportation of radioactive materials to ensure compliance with Hazmat-DOT regulations.
* Involvement in any licensing and reciprocity actions.
* Recommends new methods and approaches toward improving radiation safety within the region to ensure compliance and where possible, exceed the expectations for compliance to maintain the excellent standing of the company.
* Five to ten years experience in an NDT environment.
* Technical certifications in NDT methods
Documentation of Radiation Safety Officer training
Documentation of source retrieval training
* Experience as a Radiation Safety Officer.
* Understanding and knowledge of "The Regulations for the Control of Radiation and the Environmental Protection Compliance" issues as it relates to a NDT company.
* Demonstrated experience as a leader
* Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills both written and verbal
* Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong MS-Excel skills
* Must have excellent time management, interpersonal, computer and management skills
* Highly organized and ability to manage time effectively
* Ability to work in a rapidly changing growing environment
* Capable of corresponding and coordinating data from multiple sources
* Detail oriented
* Good work ethic
* Willingness and ability to work overtime routinely
* Willingness to travel
* Must be able to pass a thorough background screening