Radiographer- NAS 410 Preferred
Posted: 2/21/2018 4:43:10 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
ATI Cast Products
Full Time Regular
1. GENERAL SUMMARY (What does the position do?):
Responsible for producing x-rays of castings per specifications and document findings. Establish techniques to meet customer specifications. Train Radiographer trainees and Radiographer B.
2. MAJOR DUTIES (List duties in order of time spent on them, with the most first):
• Be accountable for working safely by following all safety rules and safe work practices.
• Always consider safety before action.
• Shoot x-rays of castings per tech card specifications.
• Prepare and clean up machines, equipment, work area, etc. required to perform tasks that support this position.
• Perform calibrations and accurately document results of all x-ray systems.
• Able to perform minor adjustments within specification limits.
• Develop radiographic techniques as required.
• May be required to work outside department.
• Other duties as required.
3. SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY (Degree to which position oversees the work of others)
4. NECESSARY EXPERIENCE/SKILLS (List those necessary to qualify for the position, and then list desirable skills)
• Demonstrated ability to:
• - accurately follow verbal and written instructions
• - effectively and efficiently shoot large castings without supervision.
• - develop simple radiographic techniques without assistance.
• Must be able to calibrate and document all x-ray working systems.
• Must have vision acuity which meets Jaeger #1 test chart at not less than 12 inches, or equivalent with one eye, either natural or corrected. Also color perception to distinguish and differentiate between the colors used in the method for this certification.
• Must be able to successfully complete an in-house Radiography test and be certified for Level I in accordance with MIL STD 410.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds using both hands and move equipment and parts in a variety of positions. Position requires extensive walking and standing.
5. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS (List those necessary to qualify for the position, and then list desirables)
• Must have successfully completed 40 hours of formal classroom training in radiographic inspection that meets the requirements of SNT-TC-1A.
• Must be certified for Level I
6. JOB CONDITIONS (Travel, extensive overtime, evening meetings, on-call, etc.)
• Must be willing to work various shifts including days, swing, nights, and weekends
• Overtime and weekend work may be required
7. TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
• X-ray generating equipment, automatic film processors, densitometers, film viewing equipment.
8. SUGGESTED RECRUITMENT AREAS:
• Regional or national geographic area.
ATI Metals and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.