Posted: 2/22/2018 12:34:49 AM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
* The purpose of the Project Coordinator 2 is to support the business unit/ division with the maintenance of the forecast and project plans in Microsoft Project to enable pro-active project management to help ensure client project delight and improved project profitability and delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinate the work for projects with revenue greater than $1,000,000
* Help develop processes and procedures to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards and meet client and Applus+ expectations.
* Communicate project status with Project Manager focusing on schedules, issues, billing and risks, with plans to address variances.
* Ensure timeliness of project assignment by providing spending report, tracking labor efficiency, project cost, and other related items that impact profitability to Project Manager.
* Ensure world-class delivery and execution of projects.
* Assist with site visits (as required) for project start-ups, safety audits, performance audits and client relations.
* Ensure effective communication is established between Project Manager with clients before, during and after project to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
* Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and procedures at all times.
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude internally and externally
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe
* Practices per company policy.
* Ensures accurate set up and tracking of all projects in company designated systems such as Microsoft Project, Axapta, SharePoint,
* BI Reporting Tools, Qlikview, and other systems
* Review all project setup forms and add the project data into ERP systems for project tracking and planning
* Analyzes, monitors and reports project financial data, information and reports for each project assignment
* Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Strong leadership, project management, analytical, problem solving skills and conflict resolution skills, ability to gain consensus through mediation/collaboration.
* Shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be completed.
* Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus+. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
* Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
* Must be a self-starter with a very results-oriented and proactive work approach that gets the job done.
* Ability to identify key objectives, risks and drivers and create plans to manage these elements. Demonstrated ability to gather, interpret and present complex data.
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills, including ability to communicate effectively with client management.
* Proficient in project management applications, as well as Microsoft Office.
* Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments without sacrificing efficiency or quality of the work.
* Be capable of developing written work instructions from approved general procedures.
* Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
* Knowledge of arithmetic and algebra
* Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and planning organizational, operational, or process projects.
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
Education and Work Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
* Prior Project Coordinator experience preferred
* Experience in related industry is highly desirable.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program.
Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients' assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
State/Country: North America,--California
Please See Job Description