API 570 Inspector
Posted: 2/23/2018 12:29:53 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
WV West Virginia
Permanent, relocation assistance provided
Acuren Inspection has a need for a full-time API 570 inspector for a Chemical Plant near Parkersburg, WV. The job would require relocation to that area and work schedule is 5/8's per week year round.
API 570 Inspector
In direct support of engineers to provide technical input and guidance in the inspection, repair, re-rate, and alteration of static and dynamic pressure retaining equipment and systems at client facilities. Produce technically accurate documentation to client for use in the assessment and disposition of plant equipment.
Essential Job Functions
* At the direction of client, perform visual and non-destructive examination of static and dynamic pressure retaining equipment in accordance with American Petroleum Institute (API) standard 570 and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
* Submit to client technically accurate reports documenting equipment condition.
* Provide client with technical recommendations for the repair, re-rate, replacement, and/or alteration of plant equipment, as required for safe operation within stated operating parameters for durations specified by client.
* Provide technical input to client as required for welding and metallurgical issues.
* Provide technical guidance, on a application of non-destructive examination techniques and procedures.
* Fully comply with all Acuren and client safe work practices and actively participate in all site safety initiatives.
* Experience working in direct support of petrochemical facility engineers.
* Certification to American Petroleum Institute Standard 570, Additional API 510,653 or CWI a plus.
* In-depth, working knowledge of API 570, and ASME Sections I, V, IX, B31.3, B31.4.
* Minimum of five years experience working as a visual inspector.
Other Skills / Abilities
* Technical report writing skills.
* Strong computer skills with proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
* Ability to maintain positive working relations with client and co-workers.
* Mentoring skills.
* Ability to work extended hours.
Attributes and qualities desired:
High School Diploma
Post high school education preferred but not required
Good work ethic
Willingness to learn and advance within the company
Excellent safety habits a must
Ability to adapt to changing schedule
Ability to follow directions and procedures
Good communication skills
Willingness to travel
Valid drivers license
Must be able to pass a thorough background screening
Medical, dental, and supplemental insurance
Paid Time Off
Acuren USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.