NDT Level II Technicians - RT, MT, PT and UTT (Houston, TX)
Posted: 3/2/2018 6:49:30 AM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
KXR Inspection, Inc.
KXR Inspection is a non-destructive testing company based in Houston, Texas. We provide NDT to all aspects of the oil and gas and petrochemical industries. KXR is looking for NDT Level II Technicians local to Houston, Texas who will perform RT, MT, PT and UTT inspections for the oil and gas and petrochemical industry in accordance with industry standards. We are looking for candidates that have a professional, team-oriented attitude with the desire for development and success. The candidate should also hold Level II certifications in RT, MT, PT, UTT in accordance with SNT-TC-1A. The candidate must be able to pass a hair follicle test. Must be willing to work on extended out of town projects. KXR provides competitive wages and benefits package.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform RT, MT, PT and UTT Non-Destructive Testing in accordance with industry standards.
* Must be local to Houston, Texas
* Responsible for safety, compliance and security of worksite.
* Radiographic operation in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures.
* Film processing and interpretation.
* Evaluate and interpret results according to industry codes and/or customers specifications.
* Train assistants in safe operations as well as train/mentor future technicians.
* Prepare and complete all necessary paperwork.
* Ensure all paperwork is turned in a timely manner.
* Maintain and promote a work atmosphere in accordance with KXR Core Values, especially regarding customers and fellow KXR employees.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Knowledge of RT, MT, PT, UTT codes and standards
* Knowledge of performing common NDT examinations in accordance with API and ASME standards
* Eye for detail and committed to the quality control and quality assurance process
* Ability to produce inspection reports according to company standards
* Ability to multi-task with high efficiency and high quality
* Ability to communicate and cooperate with various customers and co-workers
* Good verbal and written communication skills
Education and Work Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required.
* Verifiable RT training and work experience in accordance with Written Practice.
* Must have the ability to meet company certification standards.
* Must be able to travel out of town for extended periods of time.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Must be able to work various shifts.
Certificates and Licenses:
* Current ASNT Certification in RT, MT, PT and UTT required.
* TWIC Card required.
* State card or IRRSP card required.