QA Specialist - NDT Level II, Milw WI area
Posted: 3/8/2018 11:02:07 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Fickett Structural Solutions
Full Time Regular Position
Fickett Structural Solutions, Inc. is a structural engineering, inspection and testing firm with offices in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Washington. We are seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist – Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Level II in MT and UT who will be assigned to our Milwaukee, Wisconsin office.
We provide inspection and testing services during the construction of commercial structures such as buildings, stadiums and parking ramps. We also provide construction inspection services for bridge repairs and rehabilitations on an array of structures including bridges, culverts, locks and dams and various highway ancillary structures. We love our work. It’s an adventure and it matters.
• Perform visual inspections (VT) and NDT on structural steel for use in the construction of buildings, bridges, dams, and ancillary structures utilizing MT Yoke method and UT Shear Wave method as specified by design, shop, and as-built drawings, specifications, and applicable industry codes.
• Coordinates inspections and NDT with site project manager or responsible person in charge.
• Prepares timely, detailed reports of the inspection and testing results, including descriptions, drawings, photos, etc., of nonconforming details with deficiencies noted.
• Other responsibilities, as required/assigned.
• 2-year technical degree in NDT or equivalent combination of training, knowledge, and on-the-job experience.
• Requires documented proof of experience/on-the-job-training to meet the Level II requirements to SNT-TC-1A and Fickett Structural Solutions’ personnel specification for MT and UT.
• Must be able to successfully pass NDT Level II Certification to SNT-TC-1A and Fickett Structural Solutions’ personnel specification for MT and UT.
• Holds a current certificate as a Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) with D1.1 or D1.5 work experience.
• Minimum 5 or more years of relevant experience with structural steel welding inspections, structural steel bolting inspections, NDT and writing comprehensive reports.
• Is thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the methods for which he/she is certified and is able to exercise assigned responsibility without direct supervision.
• Ability to define and document problems, collect data, evaluate facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to read and understand plans, specifications, industry codes and shop drawings.
• Ability to work outside in various types of weather conditions.
• Ability to work at height and near traffic utilizing appropriate PPE and safeguards.
• Ability to drive company vehicle or own vehicle to various job sites.
• Available for periodic overnight(s) travel during the week. (Company reimburses mileage, meals and hotel costs as applicable.)
• Experience with Word and Excel required.
• Experience (previous employment or coursework) with Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) is useful but not required.
• Experience using various computer devices including laptops, iPads, tablets, etc. is required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong sense of integrity and professional ethics.
• Ability to work in both office and non-office environments, such as construction job sites and fabrication shops.
• Ability to speak, hear, sit, reach, bend, stoop, climb, balance, walk and stand for long periods, traverse uneven job site surfaces, lift or move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance, handle power tools, utilize various testing instruments, reach with hands/arms, crawl/walk into small spaces, maneuver over fences and up steep embankments, climb ladders/ascend heights, climb into bucket truck lifts and be lifted bodily at heights above head height.
• Ability to tolerate working at heights is a requirement of this position.
• Ability to wear appropriate fall protection equipment.
• Ability to interpret engineering and construction plans.
• Vision abilities must include close and distance vision with or without correction, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to adjust and work in varied weather and temperature conditions, as well as dusty and noisy environments.
Other Working Conditions:
• Ability to work a 40-hour work week; ability to work overtime as needed.
• Trips out of town to work at customer job sites or other locales may be required and may require overnight stays as necessary.
• Travel requirements will include the ability to drive a vehicle, fly in an airplane and/or take other conveyances such as bus or train, depending on the project location.
• A valid, current driver’s license with a good driving record is required. Ability to drive on behalf of the company is subject to the Company’s insurance carrier’s review of driving records.
Competitive salary and benefits package includes:
• Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Company provided Life & Disability insurance
• 401K plan / Roth 401K with employer match
• Generous PTO and paid holidays
• Great company culture
Fickett Structural Solutions is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer.
Please apply immediately by sending your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org