LVL I or II RT PIPELINE RADIOGRAPHERS
Posted: 4/12/2018 4:54:11 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Precision NDT, LLC
NM New Mexico
Precision NDT is currently looking for a qualified Level I or II RT,MT,PT UT Conventional Radiographer Technicians to support our operations in Hobbs NM, Midland TX, and Carlsbad NM. This will be a full time opportunity with benefits.
We have long term Pipeline, Fabrication and plant work.
MUST have a Trainee or State Radiographer Card -
The RT Level II Technician will be performing RT services on pipeline, fabrication, and plants and evaluate for acceptance or rejection determinations according to written instructions and record results.
The Level II must be capable of interpreting welds made from various processes according to but not limited to ASME, ANSI, API, and AWS codes.
The RT Level II Technician may be responsible for on-the-job training and guidance of Trainees and RT Assistants. The Level II Technician will organize and report results.
* Actively participate in safety programs
* Control the radiation area
* Set up and utilize nondestructive testing equipment
* Calibrate nondestructive testing equipment
* Conduct Radiographic tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects)
* Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations
* Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results
* Interpret film
* Organize and report test results
* May perform specialized inspections
* May instruct and supervise others
* Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management Education and Experience
* High School Diploma or equivalent* Some college preferred
* Certified Level II RT IRRSPLevel II MT.PT UTT (Highly Encouraged)
* Computerized/digital radiography experience a plus or training will be provided
* Industrial Radiography Radiation Safety Personnel (IRRSP) or applicable agreement state card
* Technical background in NDT methods and procedures
* Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT tasks and interpret results of inspections
* Knowledge of NDT equipment Desired Competencies
* Strong work ethic
* Exceptional safety and quality awareness
* Mechanical aptitude
* Adaptable to changing schedules
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Team work
* Ability to follow directions and procedures
* Willingness to travel Physical Demands and Work Conditions
* Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, visual acuity, accommodation and color vision
* Moving, carrying, lifting, objects in excess of 50 lbs
* Climbing and working off of ladders, stairs, and scaffolding
* Working extended hours and standing for extended periods of time
* Work in indoor and out door environments in conditions of extreme heat and cold
* Work in and near industrial hazards.
Job Type: Full-time
Ultrasonic Thickness Testing