Posted: 4/26/2018 8:02:32 AM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Hamill Manufacturing Company
Based on Certifications and Skill Level
Hamill Manufacturing Company wants to hire an experienced NDT Supervisor to join our team. We are an established company that does work for the U.S. Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program and a growing commercial business line. Go to www.hamillmfg.com for more information about us. Hamill is a AS9100/ISO9001 certified company that is veteran-owned, employee-owned, and is an equal opportunity employer.
Each employee is an owner of the company and has a voice in how the company operates. We issue employees stock in the company at no cost to them as part of our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan).
All candidates MUST be U.S. citizens without dual citizenship.
Education/Experience: Completion of high school or equivalent; college degree a plus; five or more years of on-the-job experience. Requires high degree of mechanical/technical knowledge.
• NDT Examiner - NAVSEA 250-1500-1 and MIL-STD-2132 in RT, UT, MT, PT, and VT, and ASNT Level III in RT, UT, MT, PT and VT. Must have three years of experience as a Level II/Inspector.
Responsible for the overall effectiveness of the NDT Department. Provides direction and coordinates activities. Interacts directly with other department supervisors to meet scheduling requirements and to produce quality products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Includes all of the NDT Examiner duties and responsibilities.
2. Plans and schedules jobs to meet production schedules.
3. Utilizes equipment and personnel to meet quality standards in NDT inspecting products.
4. Maintains operation within established standards for cost, quality, labor, maintenance, scrap, housekeeping, safety, etc.
5. Responsible for assuring proper training.
6. Promotes an attitude of cooperation; provides proper discipline of personnel; emphasizes importance of quality of work.
7. Acts as liaison for workers and management.
8. Maintains a strong interaction with co-workers and personnel issues.
9. Troubleshoots various jobs to obtain efficiency and improve productivity.
10. Assists QA with certification, procedure and specification review and approvals.
11. Looks for continuous improvement opportunities especially as applicable within the department.
12. Performs surveillance and/or audits at subcontractor, supplier or other required facilities.
13. Researches new technologies and processes as needed to remain competitive.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.