Site Safety Representative
Posted: 5/16/2018 8:57:18 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Mistras Group, Inc.
MISTRAS strives to provide a positive work environment that values excellence in safety and quality, free from discrimination and harassment. Every MISTRAS employee plays a part in our Company’s success and making this a great place to work. We are committed to a work place where all employees are free to raise issues, concerns and questions for the improvement of our operations and work environment. Safety is the overriding priority in everything we do; all duties critical to safety, quality, and environmental protection are carried out in compliance with all requirements and with personal accountability.
It is the responsibility of the Site Safety Representative to coordinate safety initiatives and culture at the jobsite as directed by the Local/Regional Safety Manager.
This position is responsible for, reporting, investigation, and follow-up corrective actions. This position is responsible for ensuring that regular audits and safety reviews are performed for all operations within their respective facility. This position is responsible for ensuring safety meetings are performed on a regular basis.
• Provide environmental, health, and safety expertise to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
• Perform safety and compliance audits.
• Ensure the proper reporting, investigation, and corrective action for vehicle incidents, personal injury incidents, property damage, near-miss incidents, and general public incidents involving Mistras operations.
• Promote the effective supervision, management, motivation and training of all MISTRAS team members in areas of personal safety, health, and regulatory compliance.
• Ensure compliance with MISTRAS’s safety programs, policies, and procedures.
• Complete periodic and one-time safety and compliance reports in a timely fashion.
• Conduct jobsite audits to ensure compliance with the MISTRAS Safety Program and detect existing or potential incident and health hazards. Recommend corrective or preventative measures and work with management to develop and implement improvements.
• Coordinate training programs which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote safety consciousness.
• Provide training, or schedule training by others, and provide updates of the training requirements as they change.
• Assure that safety meeting and training attendance are properly documented in accordance with MISTRAS procedures and regulatory agency requirements.
• Address specific reporting and record keeping requirements of OSHA, client specific and other pertinent safety/regulatory compliance matters.
• Create and coordinate efforts to help reduce the frequency and severity of Mistras incidents and injuries.
• Conduct safety meetings and training at jobsite locations.
• And other activities as directed by Local and Regional Managers.
• Experience as a practicing health and safety professional in the manufacturing, refining, petrochemical, or related industries.
• Must possess the personality, enthusiasm, and commitment to Mistras core values and promotion of Mistras’ safety culture.
• Proficient in Microsoft suite of programs.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Self-starter who can effectively prioritize, multi-task and manage to accomplish objectives within prescribed deadlines.
• Outstanding communication skills including written, oral, interpersonal and presentation.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret regulations.
• Must be able to perform work outdoors in a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions.
• Ability to be "on call" 24/7 for emergencies.
• Must possess a valid drivers’ license to operate a motor vehicle and authorize Mistras to validate by means of an MVR search.
• Ability to wear various forms of personal protective equipment during the performance of their duties.
• Able to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours or more; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, and repetitive motion also required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
•Frequent lifting up to 30 lbs.
Please apply to the link below:
We offer full-time employees company benefits that include medical, dental, life, vision, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.