Senior Research Engineer- Non Destructive Evaluation
Posted: 6/12/2018 10:18:25 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Saint-Gobain’s North American R&D center is looking for a leader for our Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE) efforts. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing NDE methods in support of manufacturing process control and product quality control. Activities will range from finding new sensor technologies, through to proof of principle lab measurements, development of data processing routines, and working with plants and integrators to implement industrial solutions.
Working with a team of engineers, the incumbent will lead our efforts in the area of non-destructive evaluation.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Work with R&D partners and their manufacturing sites to understand their needs and define projects.
• Supervise engineers in the team on project planning, execution, report writing, and presentations.
• Work with BU partners/integrators to implement industrial NDE solutions for in-process measurement and/or QC.
• Manage of team’s activities and interfacing to the larger community.
• Must possess a body of technical work commensurate with their years of experience including but not limited to: demonstration of familiarity with statistical tools, data analysis, and drawing conclusions based on a collection of basic data and interpretation, IP, Patents, and technical documents.
• Demonstrated ability to lead projects within a structured process (Gate).
• Demonstrated ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
• Respectful communication and ability to collaborate in a team environment required.
• Demonstrate ability to network within and out of group.
• Develop ability to maintain composure and organize teams in high pressure situation.
• Demonstrate understanding of company policies.
• BS Degree with a minimum of 7+ years’ experience, or MS with 3+ years’ of experience, or entry level Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or other NDE related scientific disciplines.
• Demonstrated technical judgments/accomplishments, project leadership, team collaboration, and oral and written communication skills.
WHO WE ARE:
The Northboro R&D Center (NRDC) houses Saint-Gobain’s High-Performance Materials Group and the CertainTeed brand of building materials. This campus, located about 40 miles outside of Boston, has been a major center for materials research since 1985 with an outstanding record of achievement. The R&D Center is committed to growth through the development of proprietary products based on novel materials and process technologies. Comprising a variety of laboratories, prototyping facilities, open office space, cafeteria, fitness room, basketball court and walking trails, the NRDC campus flourishes with approximately 350 employees from over 30 different countries with a variety of scientific, technical and design disciplines.
Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest building materials companies and manufacturer of innovative material solutions, helps create great living spaces by combining comfort and sustainability. For more than three-and-a-half centuries, Saint-Gobain has been enhancing the well-being of people everywhere, whether it’s by addressing climate change, delivering true sustainable development, advancing the information revolution, participating in medical breakthroughs or playing a vital role in space exploration. Focusing on the intersection of people, innovation and purpose, Saint-Gobain helps to address the needs of today and the challenges of tomorrow – offering employees the opportunity to invent themselves and reshape the world.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.