Posted: 8/21/2018 12:56:44 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Permanent , with relocation Nested Role
With 90 locations throughout North America, Acuren Inspection, Inc. is the leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). Providing a wide range of services in many industries including: Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace. Inspection is our history and our focus for growth. We are a Rockwood company, the worldwide leader in NDT service and technology with over 3,000 technical professionals in Acuren, Hellier NDT Training, and Sperry Rail Service -- NDT firms run by NDT people!
The position will assume responsibility for all of operations; scheduling; managing of employees; customer services for one site; quality and safety compliance for one client site in Salt Lake City Utah
Internal job code # 5567
* Works with the client to define inspection plans and determine manpower and resources needed to accomplish the work scope.
* Coordinates personnel and resource needs with local management.
* Assigns technicians to daily duties. Monitors progress and reports to client.
* Perform radiation safety audits, safety walk through and audits and quality audits.
* Schedule recertification, technical training, safety training and drug testing for Acuren on-site staff.
* Conduct daily safety meetings and manage safety standard operating procedures.
* Ensure time sheets and billing tickets are submitted on a daily and monthly basis.
* Identifies and reports to the local operations group any new NDT service opportunities and/or new technologies that can be used by the clients.
o Lead by example
o Practice activities and actions that are encouraged
o Delegate work and provide guidance to the team
o Lead an environment that embraces Standards of Business Conduct
o Create standardized work processes
o Create an atmosphere of trust and respect
o Communicate leading change with the vision of the company
* Employee Relations:
o Coach/mentor Team Members
o Set stretch goals for the team daily
o Perform training sessions
o Assist in job interviews and integrating team members into the site
o Motivate others to obtain full potential
o Assist in performance evaluations
* Education and Experience
o Minimum of 3 to 5 years in a supervisory or leadership role, preferably in NDE Industry or other heavy industrial environment
o Certifications in MT, PT and UT. RT certs a plus.
o Demonstrated knowledge of business management
o Able to contribute effectively to team environment
o API certifications a plus, but not required
* Desired Competencies
o Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
o Able to work independently, with minimal supervision
o Strong leadership skills
o Excellent client service, interpersonal and communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
* Perform a mixture of sedentary office duties and ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and enter confined spaces.
* Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
* Manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination required for use of calculators, phones, computer keyboards as well NDT equipment.
* Requires ability to sustain concentration in a noisy and fast --paced environment
* Interact regularly with managers, clients, vendors, and agencies to field queries and questions
* Customer Satisfaction
* Reliability, Quality, Safety, Efficiency
* Corporate Governance
* Communication with Client and Staff
* Meeting deadlines
Acuren Inspection, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.