CT Scan / DR Operator Technician - NDT RT
Posted: 9/25/2018 12:40:58 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Delphi Precision Imaging Corporation
This is a unique opportunity to operate a state-of-the-art industrial CT scanning system and interact with a range of Customers with fascinating products. As part of a small business, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute directly to the success of the business and acquire new skills. From failure investigations to new product development to first article inspections, the successful candidate will push the envelope of CT scanning and Digital Radiography techniques. A background in CT and X-ray, a real passion for working with 3D models/designs on real-world, and a Customer facing attitude are key attributes.
The selected individual will use a North Star Imaging X5000 CT Scanning system with the latest NSI software/hardware. He or she will work directly with Customers to understand their requirements, operate the digital x-ray equipment, and use 3-D reconstruction software to generate output data that meets or exceeds the Customer’s expectations.
(Target is 75% technical effort, 25% business related – split % dependent on changing needs of the business. Take direction on various tasks as conveyed by their Supervisor.)
• Safely operate a cabinet-based X-ray system (NSI X5000) consisting of a 450kV and 225 kV x-ray source- protecting personnel, the equipment, and Customer’s product at all times.
• Perform maintenance duties on company equipment per instructions and per direction of senior operator.
• Interact with Customers to understand their needs, and convey how our equipment and techniques can address those needs. Assist or lead technical presentations to Customer groups explaining how our service works.
• Competently and efficiently develop specific scanning techniques tailored to meet the inspection requirements of the Customer for their specific product.
• Perform reduction and reconstruction of gathered data, to build 3-D representations of the Customer’s product.
• Present the Customer’s data in an appropriate file format, and/or interactively with the Customer’s guidance.
• Keep records of developed techniques, maintenance information, Customer interface information
• Learn new skills and software operation, as additional equipment and new markets are penetrated
• Perform various tasks as needed, as part of a Small Business enterprise.
• Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
• Assist with bids/estimates for Customer job requests
• A solid technical background in industrial CT & X-Ray
• Very strong communication & interpersonal skills
• Good judgement, neat and orderly, strong work ethic
• Time management and organizational skills, including to being to work on-time
• Excellent team-working capability
• Able to take direction as needed, and work independently as needed
• At least one year of Industrial CT scanning and data reconstruction highly desired
• A degree is preferred, but not required.
• Desire the candidate to have, or be pursuing, an ASNT Level II certification in Radiography.
• Experience with 3D CAD modeling software is desirable.
• NAS 410 certified is desirable
The company enforces a drug-free workforce policy. Candidates are subject to a pre-employment substance abuse screening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.