Level II UT Shearwave Technician
Posted: 1/2/2019 12:35:57 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Applied Technical Services
NC North Carolina
Full-Time or Contract Opportunity
Applied Technical Services Inc. (ATS) is a nationally recognized engineering, testing and inspection firm with extensive capabilities in metallurgy, materials testing, chemical analysis, non-destructive testing, forensics, engineering, fire and explosion investigations and calibration services. ATS is headquartered in Marietta, GA with over 30 branch offices and approximately 1000 employees throughout the US. Since 1967 ATS has established an excellent reputation in the aerospace, automotive, chemical, general manufacturing, pulp and paper, marine, transportation, construction and utility industries.
Applied Technical Services is currently looking for a qualified Level II UT Shearwave Technician to help support our Raleigh, NC office.
We are seeking someone who would be as local to the Greenville, NC area as possible, or we will relocate the right individual.
All applicants must:
- Successfully complete a criminal background check, drug and alcohol screening test.
- Have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Have strong work ethic and be dependable.
- Have exceptional safety and quality awareness.
- Possess a high Mechanical aptitude.
- Have exceptional attention to detail.
ATS offers excellent wages and advancement opportunities. ATS full-time employee benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401k, vacation, personal time, and bonus.
- Certified or Certifiable to Level II in UT-Shearwave.
- Other NDT certifications such as MT, PT, and VT are preferred but not required.
- Technical background in NDT methods and procedures.
- Be able to set-up and calibrate equipment.
- Conduct Tests with appropriate NDT method/s.
- Knowledge of NDT equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT tasks and interpret results of inspections.
- Be familiar with the scope and limitations of the method in which certified.
- Interpret, evaluate and document results.
- Must be willing and able to work at heights, confined spaces, outdoors and in labs, manufacturing and industrial sites.
- Must be willing and able to travel, work odd hours, work over time, work varying hours and a varying schedule.
- Must have good communication skills and be computer literate.
- Must be drug free and have a valid driverís license with a good driving record.