Posted: 2/5/2019 8:47:50 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
The main function of the Level II Technician is to be responsible for the completion of all assigned field inspections, including but not limited to data collection, field execution, interpretation, reporting, and completion all customer and JANX required field documentation. Level II Technicians are thoroughly familiar with the scope and methods of NDT being used and are responsible for on-the-job training and guidance of Level I Technicians and Trainees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform complete NDT field inspections based on customer requirements and procedures, JANX field procedures, focusing on quality, safety, and radiation safety as applicable.
- Ensure all equipment is set up, calibrated, and functional at all times in line with JANX and customer procedures.
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications.
- Provide direction and guidance and ensure compliance with the codes, standards, and other documents that control the method as utilized by the customer and JANX.
- Ensure the set-up boundaries and surveillance of work area, if required, and prevent unauthorized personnel from entering work area; ensure compliance with Radiation Safety Policy and Procedures at all times.
- Prepare, set-up, and complete all necessary paperwork as required by client and company requirements; responsible for ensuring all paperwork is turned in timely, this includes but is not limited to safety forms, company required forms, customer forms, reports, and timesheets.
- Direct, mentor, and train Level I Technicians and Trainees in the method(s) in which certified and capable of.
- Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and procedures at all times.
- Follow and enforce Company policies at all times.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude internally and externally
- Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Maintain staff by orienting and training employees.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment for all staff ensuring all company policies are being followed.
- Review, validate, and approve reporting employees' timesheet and reports.
- Train, mentor and guide technicians in correct operational activities including NDT, safety, radiation safety, and quality requirements and processes.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of industry codes.
- Ability to set up NDT equipment, conducts tests, interpret and evaluate findings in compliance with required specifications, standards and or customer specifications.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the techniques and method in which are to be employed.
- Be capable of following written work instructions from approved general procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of radiation safety and operational field requirements regarding radiation safety.
- Ability to read technical documents and procedures and apply them in the field.
- The ability to understand the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and algebra.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Must have analytical capabilities for customer needs assessment and solutions identification.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite of products.
- A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, and follow-thru
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of JANX and Applus+. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
- Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
- Possess excellent communication skills to convey information to customers and colleagues effectively.
Education and Work Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1+ years of experience in NDT industry is required
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Ability to be certified in accordance with JANX SNT-TC-1A as a Level II in MT, PT, UT, VT, RT or gain Industrial Radiographer Radiation Safety certification from an Agreement State Program or ASNT.
- Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program
JANXis a well-established company and leads the market in highly specialized non-destructive testing and inspection services. JANX is located in the center of numerous unique industries which provides our employees with a wide range of experience.
We provide NDT, new construction, maintenance, and inspection services in all aspects of the oil and gas industries, including exploration, transmission, refining, storage facilities, and all oil related support industries.