Posted: 2/25/2019 8:50:38 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
NY New York
The main function of the CAD 1 is to prepare drawings used in the layout and inspection of oil and gas fields, refineries, chemical plants, and process piping systems to fulfill clients' goals. Perform research, investigation, analysis, and reconciliation to ensure correctness of data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Layout and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
* Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
* Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery using computer-assisted equipment.
* Incorporate instructions and comments onto drawings.
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy.
* Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Basic CAD Knowledge.
* Commands to input basic CAD data, print, export PDF's, etc.
* Basic knowledge of drawing in isometric mode
* Experience with surveying projects preferred
* Some experience interpreting engineering plan sets and preparing base drawings
* Strong mathematical skills; solving and evaluating basic algebraic equations.
* Knowledge of traditional drafting techniques in order to fully understand and explain concepts.
* Strong computer skills, to include, but not limited to: Basic webpage design (create and manage articles, file uploading and management, and basic HTML code), fluent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Autodesk AutoCAD software and Scanners, Plotters / Printers
* Must have analytical capabilities for customer needs assessment and solutions identification.
* A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, and follow-thru.
* Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
* Knowledge of Industry Codes.
* Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Unusually decisive in handling difficult problems. Translates problems into practical solutions.
* Shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be completed.
* Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus+. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Possess excellent communication skills to convey information to customers and colleagues effectively.
* Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
* Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
* Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
Education and Work Exprience:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Associates degree in CAD or Engineering Design preferred
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD preferred
* 0-2 years in relevant field or education and certification combined equivalent.
* Prior experience in related field/industry highly desirable.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* Drafters Certification preferred but not required N/A
Applus+ is a global leaderin the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partnerwho enhances the quality and safety of our clients' assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated teamwho are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.