API 653 Inspector A Nested role
Posted: 3/14/2019 1:56:40 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
With 90 locations throughout North America, Acuren Inspection, Inc. is the leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). Providing a wide range of services in many industries including: Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace. Inspection is our history and our focus for growth. We are a Rockwood company, the worldwide leader in NDT service and technology with over 3,000 technical professionals in Acuren, Hellier NDT Training, and Sperry Rail Service -- NDT firms run by NDT people!
We are currently recruiting for an API 653 Inspector to work at our site in Lima, Ohio.
Internal job code # 5928
This individual will work closely with the Operations Manager to coordinate and schedule API projects as needed. In addition, this individual will work in conjunction with the Operations Supervisor and Major Project Manager to effectively maximize resources.
* Work in conjunction with operations in the scheduling of equipment and personnel
* Weekly update to Operations Manager of all issues
* Provide input to operations pertaining to quoting API projects
* Supervise and/or perform API inspection on projects
* Assist in coordination of cross training of existing API personnel
* Provide training to potential API candidates as needed
* Provide management with update on personnel qualification pertaining to API
* Make sales calls/walkdowns as needed
* Perform review of all API reports with the exception of full time project crews
* Ensure timeliness of all API reporting and coordinate with API Computer Lead and Computer supervisor on status of outstanding reports
. Currently Certified API 653 Inspector
* Associates degree or higher in Business or related field; desired but not required.
* Strong technical background in NDT methods and procedures.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively manage people, projects and meet financial objectives.
* Excellent math skills with the ability to create and manipulate Excel spreadsheets.
* Ability to self-direct in order to accomplish the work of the office.
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and team oriented skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Programs with strong Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced office environment.
* Willingness and ability to work overtime routinely.
Physical demands commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job include; moving, carrying, lifting over one pound up to 30 pounds. Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, acuity-near, accommodation and color vision.
Acuren Inspection, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.