2 Level II MT PT Technicians
Posted: 3/22/2019 5:34:03 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Perm Position , Milwaukee WI , Local candidates
Immediate hires, Sign on Bonus !
With 90 locations throughout North America, Acuren Inspection, Inc. is the leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). Providing a wide range of services in many industries including: Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace. Inspection is our history and our focus for growth. We are a Rockwood company, the worldwide leader in NDT service and technology with over 3,000 technical professionals in Acuren, Hellier NDT Training, and Sperry Rail Service -- NDT firms run by NDT people!
Acuren is currently looking for qualified Level II Technicians certified in MT and PT to support our operations in Milwaukee, WI.
Internal job code # 5845
The Level II Technician will be performing calibrations, Nondestructive Tests, and evaluations for acceptance or rejection determinations according to written instructions and record results.
The Level II must be capable of interpreting welds made from various processes according to but not limited to ASME, ANSI, API, and AWS codes. The Level II Technician may be responsible for on-the-job training and guidance of Trainees and Assistants. The Level II Technician will organize and report results.
* Actively participate in Acuren and Client safety programs
* Set up and utilize nondestructive testing equipment
* Calibrate nondestructive testing equipment
* Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations
* Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results
* Organize and report test results
* May perform specialized inspections
* May instruct and supervise others
* Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management
Education and Experience
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Some college preferred
* Certified Level II MT, PT
* Technical background in NDT methods and procedures
* Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT tasks and interpret results of inspections
* Knowledge of NDT equipment
* Strong work ethic
* Exceptional safety and quality awareness
* Mechanical aptitude
* Adaptable to changing schedules
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Team work
* Ability to follow directions and procedures
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
* Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, visual acuity, accommodation and color vision
* Moving, carrying, lifting, objects in excess of 50 lbs
* Climbing and working off of ladders, stairs, and scaffolding in excess of 100 ft
* Working extended hours and standing for extended periods of time
* Work in indoor and out door environments in conditions of extreme heat and cold
* Work in and near industrial hazards.
* Competitive Salary
* Medical, dental, and supplemental insurance
* 401K Plan
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Time Off
Acuren Inspection, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.