Assistant Operations Manager/RSO - Odessa, TX
Posted: 4/1/2019 12:19:11 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
The Assistant Operations Manager/RSO is responsible for all or part of these areas:
• Dispatch technical employees to carry out NDE services in a safe and efficient manner;
• Coordinate, implement and oversee projects selected by Management;
• Communicate with direct supervision of the current projects being serviced and the technical employees servicing the projects;
• Effectively plan for projects;
• Meet deadlines established by the customer or superiors;
• Coordinate monthly safety meetings;
• Conduct HSE/Quality audits;
• Attend safety and pre job meetings for the division and its technicians;
• Collect and review safety documents, JSAs, Work Permits, Survey Sheets, etc., from each technical crew working;
• Assisting in General and Radiation Safety requirement;
• Capable of holding employment interviews;
• Carry out all of NVI, LLC policies and procedures;
• Participate in Company held operational meetings weekly and quarterly;
• Assist in recruitment for the division;
• Participate in an "On Call" weekend duty roster for the Odessa division; and,
• Any other activity deemed necessary by the Operations Manager.
• ties and Responsibilities
• Oversees all facets of the daily operations of the organizational unit, ensuring compliance with state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations.
• Interprets new and existing regulations,
• advises leadership on technical and regulatory issues regarding the strategic direction of the radiation safety program applies strategic measures as appropriate.
• Manages programs of critical importance; works with leadership and the radiation safety staff in the development and implementation of new proposals as well as the coordination and administration of existing projects within the radiation safety program.
• Oversees the use of radioactive materials through the management of radioactive materials .
• Manages the radiation safety training program to ensure that only authorized, qualified individuals work with radiation;
• manages the personnel dosimetry program to limit radiation exposure to radiation users and ensure compliance with policies and regulatory exposure limits.