Advanced Services PM
Posted: 5/3/2019 3:24:33 AM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
* The purpose of the Project Manager 2 is to lead and manage projects with revenue up to 5 million dollars including managing project staffing, timely completion, quality, safety, and financial metrics in line with company and client expectations. This position is responsible for taking a leadership role in the projects assigned including reporting, resolving, and escalating issues as they arise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Determine operational requirements including resources needed, training required, project scope and schedule; define and establish operational priorities; and establish financial objectives for projects with revenue up to 5 million dollars
* Establish and implement project management processes and procedures to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards and meet customer and Applus+ expectations.
* Review project status with Manager focusing on schedules, issues, billing and risks, with plans to address variances.
* Monitor project performance ensuring financial, safety, quality and customer objectives are in line with the established project plan
* Ensure operational excellence for the project by measuring key performance indicators such as client satisfaction, utilization and company goals
* Review and monitor project spending by tracking labor efficiency, project cost and other related items that impact profitability
* Ensure world-class delivery and execution of projects.
* Conduct site visits (as required) for project start-ups, safety audits, performance audits and client relations.
* Conduct post project reviews to develop lessons learned with an emphasis on best practices and improvement points to apply to future projects.
* Ensure compliance and maintenance of corporate practices such as forecasting, accruals and billing as required
* Work with the business development and management team to identify new clients and work opportunities for the department; communicating directly with business development to inform of potential new opportunities
* Consult with clients before, during and after project to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
* Must maintain a strong focus on cross functional teamwork with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy.
* Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
* Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
* Maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment for all staff ensuring all company policies are being followed
* Maintain staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results in partnership with human resources
Knowledge and Skills:
* Extensive knowledge of industry standards including:
* AWS, ASME, API preferred;
* Working knowledge of Andvanced NDE methodologies; Shearwave, Phased Array, GUL, Eddy current, etc..
* Strong leadership, project management, analytical, problem solving skills and conflict resolution skills, ability to gain consensus through mediation/collaboration.
* Shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be completed.
* Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus+. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
* Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
* Must be a self-starter with a very results-oriented and proactive work approach that gets the job done.
* Ability to identify key objectives, risks and drivers and create plans to manage these elements. Demonstrated ability to gather, interpret and present complex data.
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills, including ability to communicate effectively with customer management.
* Proficient in project management applications, as well as Microsoft Office.
* Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments without sacrificing efficiency or quality of the work.
* Be capable of developing written work instructions from approved general procedures.
* Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
* Knowledge of arithmetic and algebra
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
Education and Work Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Requires seven plus (7+) years of field supervisor experience.
* Background in handling inspections related to:
- Area of expertise: Advanced NDE; GUL, Phased Array, preferred
- Two year experience in inspection related activities (QC, NDT, etc.).
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* Certification as an Inspector required in most cases (or equivalent approved by client). Extensive practical experience required.
* Must have the ability to meet the following company certification standards:
- Advanced NDE, GUL, Phased Array, MFL, Eddy Current, etc.
* Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program.
Applus+ is a global the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients' assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
State/Country: North America,--California