Level 2 RT NAS 410
Posted: 5/25/2019 4:53:06 AM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
* The main function of the Inspector Level II - Radiographic NAS 410 is to interpret all digital radiographs taken of castings to determine that discrepancies meet customer specifications and X-R-I Testing standards. Determine if parts are acceptable or need repair, mark and route parts for necessary repairs and sign final reports that approve castings sent to customers. The Inspector will utilize Radiographic NDT Method, Techniques, and equipment. The inspector must have significant knowledge of codes and demonstrable experience in a similar position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Reviews specifications and digital radiographs prior to evaluation.
* Reviews Technique Cards and paperwork.
* Sorts digital radiographs by view for each parts.
* Checks each radiograph to determine that appropriate sensitivity and film cleanliness.
* Visually evaluates digital radiographs; evaluates density changes to identify casting or welding discontinuities.
* Interprets identified discontinuities to determine their cause and/or whether they meet customer specifications.
* Evaluates parts with repeat problem areas; notifies engineering as needed.
* Marks problem areas on parts needing repair; may request additional digital radiographs to further evaluate indications; routes for repair on salvage routing cards; may decide on or recommend necessary repairs.
* Signs and stamps reports for acceptance of parts as determined by interpreter.
* Reviews weld maps to ensure all welds have been radiographed.
* Interprets and identifies surface and subsurface discontinuities per customer specifications.
* Performs mathematical calculations from detailed drawings or blueprints to determine acceptability Ensure equipment is properly maintained, inspected, and secured at all times per company policy
* Report any deficiencies in operational and service level non-conformances to the Project Manager or Operations Manager as applicable
* Maintain compliance with company safety procedures and policies including field safety forms completion and submittal
* Properly interpret regulations, codes, and industry standards.
* Maintain a strong customer service focus
* Complete all required training, including tests, within company guidelines
* Maintain a positive relationship between X-R-I Tesing, the facility, and the customer.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Knowledge / experience reading film for cast parts (emphasis on special alloys Titanium and Inconel a plus).
* Significant knowledge / experience with film reading.
* Experience applying NAS-410 Certification inspections.
* Experience with digital radiography.
* Detail oriented with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process.
* Be proficient with standard computer software (such as MS Office Suite).
* Ability to communicate and cooperate with diverse groups of people.
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills as well as basic computer skills (MS Office Suite).
* Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
* Knowledge of arithmetic and algebra
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
* Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of X-Ray Industries. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
Education and Work Experience:
* Current NAS-410 Certification.
* Must complete company Radiographer - Level 2 training and certification.
* Previous experience or in depth familiarity with applicable departmental field experience.
* Current valid Driver's License from state of residence.
* Must have the ability to maintain company certification standards.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* Current Certification in Radiographic Level II.
* Current NAS-410 Certification.
X-Ray Industries, an Applus+ company, is a well-established non-destructive testing service provider in the Aerospace industry. With over 75 years of experience, X-Ray Industries is the oldest, most-established NDT provider, offering a broad range of testing and inspection capabilities.