NDT Level 2 Ultrasonic Inspector - West Babylon, NY
Posted: 5/31/2019 10:56:19 AM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
NY New York
Magellan Aerospace, New York has an exciting opportunity for NDT Ultrasonic (UT) Level 2 Inspector. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that products are processed to the proper procedures and standards as specified by the route cards. This position is perfect for young and inspired NDT professionals, who are looking to gain skills and experience in the field.
Perks and Benefits
•Attractive benefits package
•Generous 401k Pension Plan
•Positive work-life balance
•Excellent career progression opportunities
•Commitment to professional growth
•Employee Assistance Program
•Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Interpret blueprints and specifications, and ensure that products are processed to the proper procedures and standards
• Communicate professionally with all customers, auditors, management and other internal personnel
• Track supplies and maintain an accurate list of materials for ordering
• Use measuring devices (calipers, etc.) as required
• Identify and obtain correct techniques from files as required and properly follow instruction
• Identify equipment issues as they arise and perform preventative maintenance on equipment
• Complete all requires process paperwork (route cards, analysis forms, etc.)
• Work towards successful passing of relevant internal and external audits
• Scrap and rework are in a downward trend as defined by QA records
• Abide internal procedures, and specifications, to help the Company maintain its NADCAP and customer certification
• Assist in loading and unloading parts for inspection
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name "Magellan Aerospace Corporation" in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
• High school diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 1 year of working in an industrial environment preferably, however other experience will be considered.
• Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals, warehouse work orders and inventories.
• Good communication skills in English. Spanish would be an advantage
• Working towards multiple qualifications in NDT disciplines
• Able to pass internal testing and training to meet NAS-410 requirements
• Experienced with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel preferred