Magnetic Particle Inspector
Posted: 6/24/2019 12:31:46 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
The Magnetic Particle Inspector supports the manufacturing operation by ensuring that the product produced meets customer expectations and that all proper procedures are followed during the manufacturing process. Has a basic understanding of our company’s products, processes, quality systems, and capabilities and is responsible for monitoring product quality and maintaining shop floor quality control. This individual shall be qualified to set up and calibrate equipment and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable Codes, standard and specifications. This posting is for a 2nd shift position, working four 10-hour shifts Mon-Thurs.
Check out our video to see what it's like to work at Jergens: https://youtu.be/UVkHTp6OH54
• Has a basic understanding of our company’s products, processes, quality systems, and capabilities. Seeks assistance, as necessary with unfamiliar situations.
• May perform all of the duties of an inspector including first piece inspection, initiation of material defect reports, auditing of stock and return goods for defects, gage calibration and repair, bore gage settings and record keeping of certifications. Seeks assistance, as necessary, to resolve more complex issues in an effective manner.
• Set up and calibrate equipment and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable Codes, standard and specifications.
• Organize and report the results of non-destructive tests.
• Design specialized gages and perform complex inspection as required
• Coordinate Material Review Board activity. Complete monthly reports on scrap and rework including analysis for potential corrective action items. Initiate and assign Corrective Action Reports and follow up to ensure that the action taken is completed and effective
• Act as the Lead Auditor for internal audits including coordinating the activities of the internal audit teams
• Directs the work of other quality assurance technicians, as assigned.
• Keeps the supervisor aware in a timely manner of any issues needing the supervisor’s involvement.
• Maintains timely and accurate records and reports, as required.
• High school education is required Two years of college education in a related field or equivalent experience is preferred. Is willing to obtain the necessary training to be proficient in the position.
• Shall be qualified to set up and calibrate equipment and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
• Through related experience has demonstrated the skills and ability to be an effective quality assurance technician with the company.
• Shall be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the methods for Magnetic particle inspection and shall be able to organize and report the results of non-destructive tests.
• Must be able to set up, calibrate, and use a variety of measuring devices.
• Has excellent computer skills and is proficient with all related company systems and programs.
• Has strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Effective time management skills in prioritizing and addressing multiple and at times conflicting demands.
• High energy with a sense of urgency in responding to customer needs.
• High level of personal and professional integrity.
• Is committed to the company’s values.
• Attention to detail in maintaining required records and reports.