Posted: 7/14/2019 11:14:04 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
NY New York
The purpose of the Geo Technician 1 is to assist in performing geophysical surveys, geo-technical installations and 3D laser scanning. These surveys will consist of Ground Penetrating Radar, Seismic, Electromagnetic, Global Positioning Systems, Vibration Monitoring, Geo-technical equipment installation and 3D laser scanning for point cloud and modeling purposes. The main role of this position is to provide support to other members of the Geo Team while learning the methods of a geophysical and geo-technical survey and daily operations of the Geo Group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Field assistant in all areas of data collection; Ground Penetrating Radar, Seismic, Electromagnetic, Global Positioning Systems, Vibration Monitoring, Geo-technical Equipment Installation and 3D laser scanning.
* Performs geophysical investigations with professionalism to assist the Geo Team and Division Manager in ensuring that the relationships the company has with existing and potential new accounts are developed and maintained by anticipating the client's needs, resolving concerns and complaints
* Maintains and nurtures good working relationships among all members of the field operations staff as well as the rest of the Applus RTD team
* Cleanup work areas and remove debris after activities are complete.
* Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and procedures at all times.
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude internally and externally
* Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Ability to set up and standardize equipment, conducts tests, interpret and evaluate findings in compliance with required specifications, standards and or customer specifications.
* Experience using Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel.
* Ability to multitask, prioritize multiple projects and meet strict deadlines.
* Ability to work independently with little need for direction.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with others in a pleasant manner.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Maintain a strong customer service focus.
* Ability to multi-task by prioritizing workload and shifting attention among changing priorities.
* Logical and analytical with good problem solving skills.
* Ability to function under pressure in a highly dynamic environment.
* Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus+ USA. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Possess excellent communication skills to convey information to customers and colleagues effectively, verbally and written.
* Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
* Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
Education and Work Experience:
* Requires an Undergraduate College degree (BA or BS) in Geology Sciences or an applicable related field
* < 1 years of work experience in relevant systems, or education / certification combined equivalent
* Oil / Gas Experience preferred but not required
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program.
Applus+ is a global the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients' assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.