Posted: 9/18/2019 5:00:06 AM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
* The Project Coordinator (PC) position is a critical component of maintaining relationships between Clients & Applus, while overseeing project execution. The PC will be responsible for managing project staffing, timely completion of project, quality, safety, and financial metrics in line with company and client expectations. The PC is responsible for overseeing the quality assurance/quality control of the technicians and equipment utilized. This position is responsible for taking a leadership role in the projects assigned including reporting, resolving, and escalating issues as they arise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Determine operational requirements including resources needed, training required, project scope and schedule; define and establish operational priorities; and establish financial objectives for
* Coordinate pre-job planning activities including personnel selection, verification of qualifications, equipment selection, and client specific
* Coordinate mobilization to project site including personnel communications, equipment coordination, and travel planning in assistance to the Regional
* Ensure project is executed according to Applus and client specific procedures and meets client
* Track and maintain records of NDE equipment usage, calibration and
* Ship & Receive
* Track and maintain Technician Certifications, Training, and documentation related to NDE, OQ and other duty related
* Review project status with Manager focusing on schedules, issues, billing and risks, with plans to address
* Monitor project performance ensuring financial, safety, quality and customer objectives are in line with the established project plan
* Ensure operational excellence for the project by measuring key performance indicators such as client satisfaction, utilization and company
* Review and monitor project spending by tracking labor efficiency, project cost and other related items that impact profitability
* Conduct site visits (as required) for project start-ups, safety audits, performance audits and client
* Work with the business development and management team to identify new clients and work opportunities for the department; communicating directly with business development to inform of potential new
* Consult with clients before, during and after project to resolve problems and to provide ongoing
* Must maintain a strong focus on cross functional teamwork with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company
* Responsible for the day to day operations within K2 & FIA.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Oversee the current client contracts / MSA's to ensure everything is in line with the agreement with the assistance of management.
* Maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment for all staff ensuring all company policies are being followed.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Extensive knowledge of industry rules & regulations including:
* Requirements for working offshore on MODUs and fixed platforms
* Knowledge of regulatory inspections including lifting gear surveys, Dropped object surveys, Critical load path inspections, wire rope inspection, crane surveys
* Working knowledge of NDE methodologies
* Working knowledge of rope access standards and requirements
* Strong leadership, project management, analytical, problem solving skills and conflict resolution skills, ability to gain consensus through mediation/collaboration.
* Shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be completed.
* Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus+. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with
* Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
* Must be a self-starter with a very results-oriented and proactive work approach that gets the job done.
* Ability to identify key objectives, risks and drivers and create plans to manage these elements. Demonstrated ability to gather, interpret and present complex
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills, including ability to communicate effectively with customer
* Proficient in project management applications, as well as Microsoft
* Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments without sacrificing efficiency or quality of the
* Be capable of developing written work instructions from approved general
* Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and
* Knowledge of arithmetic and
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with minimal
Education and Work Experience:
* High School Diploma or
* Requires 5 plus (5+) year experience in inspection related activities (QC, NDT, etc.).
* Background in handling projects related to:
- Mobile offshore drilling units (MODU)
- Fixed offshore platforms
- Land based rope access/NDT projects related to facilities
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* Previous experience or in depth familiarity with applicable departmental field experience
* Extensive knowledge of industry rules & regulations related to MODU's and facilities
* Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program.
Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non- destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients' assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status