Rope Access NDT Tech
Posted: 9/25/2019 11:26:30 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
* The primary function of an Rope Access NDT Technician is to provide support to the Rope Access portion of the workscope and perform NDT where necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform inspection using various types of non destructive testing (NDT)
* Perform lifting gear inspections as per applicable national and international standards.
* Perform derrick inspections as per industry standards.
* Perform dropped object surveys as per industry guidelines.
* Perform work at height using IRATA rope access methods.
* Perform wall thickness check on pipework and pressure vessel.
* Generate location drawings of areas inspected.
* Complete reports in line with K2 requirements.
* Comply to K2 HSE requirement.
* Play an active role in developing the skills of other team members.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Be reasonably fit and able to work at various heights.
* Detail oriented with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process; ability to understand and read complex design and fabrication plans and specifications.
* Must have analytical capabilities for customer needs assessment and solutions identification.
* A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, and follow-thru.
* Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
* Knowledge of Industry Codes.
* Knowledge of arithmetic and algebra.
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Unusually decisive in handling difficult problems. Translates problems into practical solutions.
* Shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be completed.
* Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus+. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Possess excellent communication skills to convey information to customers and colleagues effectively, through verbal and written communication.
* Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
* Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
* Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
Education and Work Experience:
* At least five years of rig inspection experience/ two years of NDT inspection in three methods.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* Must be Rope Access qualified in IRATA (preferred) or SPRAT.
* Must have at least two of the following Level 2 certifications: MT, PT, UT, ET.
* Basic First Aid, CPR and AED for Adults
Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are atrusted partnerwho enhances the quality and safety of our clients' assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities,innovative approach, and our motivated teamwho are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.