PHASED ARRAY TECHNICIAN
Posted: 9/28/2019 11:49:23 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Precision NDT LLC
NM New Mexico
Reports to: Operations Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Other: This is a local callout position located in Fort Worth Tx.
POSITION SUMMARY: Level II UT Phased Array Technician will be performing calibrations, NDT Tests, and evaluations for acceptance or rejection determinations according to written instructions and record results. Must be familiar with the scope and limitations of the method of NDT and being used and should exercise assigned responsibility for on the job training and guidance of Assistants and level I Technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Setup and calibrate nondestructive testing equipment
• Conduct tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities
(defects) using NDT methods of inspection
• Establish techniques for proper examination of objects
under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety
• Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable
specifications or standards and evaluate results
• Organize and report test results
• Perform specialized inspections
• Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Previous Phased Array UT Level II Certification
• Other NDT Method Certification are helpful
• Minimum Three years inspection experience is a helpful
• Need excellent planning, organizational and time
management skills with attention to detail and written,
verbal and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively
communicate with others in a professional manner.
• Proven ability to work effectively alone and in small teams.
• Prior oilfield inspection and/or non-destructive testing (NDT)
• Must have flexibility to multi-task and work in a fast paced
environment with constantly changing priorities and ability
to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines under
• Also requires flexibility regarding overtime and out-of-town
travel when needed.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively
with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing
clearly and concisely.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as
credible in the workplace.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal
proactively with work-related problems.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
The work environment is indoors/outdoors during the day and occasionally at night. The employee will occasionally work in confined spaces and work constantly on a stable work surface. The employee will be frequently bending and stooping while handling phased array equipment. Employee must be willing and able to meet any HSE requirements that may be required by Precision NDT, LLC or any specified client to enter and perform their job duties in the designated work area.