Rope Access SuperV
Posted: 10/7/2019 11:31:39 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
* The primary function of an Rope Access Supervisor is to supervise the Rope Access portion of the workscope and perform NDT where necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supervise Rope Access Technicians (IRATA Level 1 and 2) at all times
* Inspect rope access equipment to ensure it is fit for purpose at all times as per IRATA and K2 requirements
* Prepare rescue plan, risk assessment, method statements for the rope access work on the project.
* Prepare equipment and necessary materials for project in consultation with Operations/Stores
* Sign IRATA log books for IRATA Level 1 and 2
* Assist the rest of the team in successful completion of the Work scope as per client requirements
* Must be prepared to work up to 28 day hitches offshore
* Ensure that other rope access technicians perform their rope access duties in a safe manner.
* Responsible for coordinating any rescues if required
* Perform inspection using various types of non destructive testing (NDT)
* Perform lifting gear inspections as per applicable national and international standards Perform derrick inspections as per industry standards
* Perform dropped object surveys as per industry guidelines Perform work at height using IRATA rope access methods Perform wall thickness check on pipework and pressure vessel Generate location drawings of areas inspected
* Complete reports in line with K2 requirements Comply to K2 HSE requirements
* Play an active role in developing the skills of other team members
* Frequent and/or overseas travel.
* Supervise Rope Access portion of workscope.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Be reasonably fit and able to work at various heights.
* Detail oriented with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process; ability to understand and read complex design and fabrication plans and specifications.
* Must have analytical capabilities for customer needs assessment and solutions identification.
* A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, and follow-thru.
* Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
* Knowledge of Industry Codes.
* Knowledge of arithmetic and algebra.
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Unusually decisive in handling difficult problems. Translates problems into practical solutions.
* Shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be completed.
* Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus+. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Possess excellent communication skills to convey information to customers and colleagues effectively, through verbal and written communication.
* Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
* Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
* Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
Education and Work Experience:
* At least five years of rig inspection experience/ two years of NDT inspection in three methods.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* Level 3 Certificate in IRATA (preferred) or SPRAT
* Basic First Aid, CPR and AED for Adults
* Rigging Certification (API RP 2D or equivalent)
* ASNT/PCN NDT Level 2 (MT, PT, UT, VT)
* Offshore Water Survival Certificate and a Rigpass/Safegulf
Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients' assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.