Geo Technician Lead
Posted: 11/22/2019 2:08:45 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
NY New York
* The purpose of the Geo Technician 3 is to perform geophysical and geotechnical surveys; working both solo and as part of a team. These surveys will consist of Ground Penetrating Radar, Seismic, Electromagnetic, Global Positioning Systems, Vibration Monitoring, Geotechnical equipment installation and 3D laser scanning for point cloud and modeling purposes. The Geo Technician 3 has shown an advanced understanding of the geophysical and geotechnical instrumentation methods performed. The Geo Technician 3 is capable of serving as a team lead and assist in training Geo Technicians 1 and 2.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrate advanced understanding of all geophysics and geotechnical equipment.
* Be able to demonstrate to clients the methods we employee.
* Assist with the development of proposals when needed.
* Assist with the continuous development, operation and maintenance of the geophysical and geotechnical equipment.
* Generate time sensitive reports for customers under supervision of the Geo Supervisor or Division Manager.
* Review incoming data for accuracy, quality and completeness.
* Responsible for compiling mapping projects and delivering finished product to users with review from Field Supervisor.
* Performs geophysical investigations with professionalism to assist the Geophysics Field Supervisor and Division Manager in ensuring that the relationships the company has with existing and potential new accounts are developed and maintained by anticipating the customer's needs, resolving concerns and complaints.
* Observes test procedures and product compliance to internal and industry specifications.
* Observe and monitor Technician to ensure proper training.
* Cleanup work areas and remove debris after activities are complete.
* Organize materials in order to prepare for use.
* Ensure that all Company equipment is maintained and secured as required by Company Operational Procedures.
* Ability to document, and track discrepancies using appropriate software.
* Build a strong client relationship by resolving customer issues with geophysical software or concept for specific customer solutions.
* Basic Geophysical marketing to existing as well as new clients.
* Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and procedures at all times.
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude internally and externally
* Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
* Supervision to junior staff on work quality standards by monitoring and coaching to assure results meet Company and client expectations.
* Review, validate, and approve reporting employees' timesheet and reports.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Experience with ESRI ArcMap
* Ability to set up and standardize equipment, conducts tests, interpret and evaluate findings in compliance with required specifications, standards and or customer specifications.
* Entry level capable of basic level data processing tasks and simple analysis.
* Experience using Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel.
* Experience using Trimble Geo products.
* Ability to multitask, prioritize multiple projects and meet strict deadlines.
* Ability to work independently with little need for direction.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with others in a pleasant manner.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Maintain a strong customer service focus.
* Ability to multi-task by prioritizing workload and shifting attention among changing priorities.
* Logical and analytical with good problem solving skills.
* Ability to function under pressure in a highly dynamic environment.
* Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus+ USA. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Possess excellent communication skills to convey information to customers and colleagues effectively, verbally and written.
* Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
* Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
Education and Work Experience:
* Requires an Undergraduate College degree (BA or BS) in Geology Sciences or an applicable related field
* 5 years professional experience highly desirable
* > 3 years professional experience with a MS degree in Geological Sciences Discipline (Geology, Environmental, Geotechnical)
* Oil / Gas Experience preferred but not required
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* Certification in technical skill (i.e., Utility Mapping, Instrumentation, GPR, etc.)
* Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program.
Applus+ is a global the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients' assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.