Posted: 11/25/2019 8:40:42 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
perm position with relocation
With 90 locations throughout North America, Acuren Inspection, Inc. is the leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). Providing a wide range of services in many industries including: Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace. Inspection is our history and our focus for growth. We are a Rockwood company, the worldwide leader in NDT service and technology with over 3,000 technical professionals in Acuren, Hellier NDT Training, and Sperry Rail Service -- NDT firms run by NDT people!
Acuren Inspection has a need for an Inspection Planner in the Port Arthur, TX area.
As an Inspection Planner, you will oversee the day to day inspection schedule and other employees assigned to the facility. Provide the client with technical recommendations in accordance with applicable standards for the repair, re-rate, replacement, and/or alteration of plant equipment.
Candidate qualifications and experience requirements:
Experience in scoping/planning inspection tasks
10+yrs API experience
Current API 510/570 (653 would be nice)
Experience in advanced NDE (PAUT, GUL, DR, MDI, etc)
Experienced in non-traditional inspection methods (rope access, robotics, UAVs, etc)
Detail-oriented and experience developing electronic job packages
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
Perform detailed inspection planning for Compliance and MI Project inspections
Planning and scoping the above items with emphasis on Acurenís advanced services (PAUT, GUL, DR, MDI, etc)
Assess inspection tasks for required maintenance support (scaffold, insulation, coating, etc)
Include any particulars required for advanced NDE (surface prep for PAUT, etc)
Compile above details into well written/documented inspection task plans to hand over to planning
Perform inspection manhour estimates on ITPís
Develop, track, and close discovery findings
Perform lookaheads on compliance and MI projects to ensure jobs are planned well in advance of execution
Work with site manager to line up resources as required
Identify what inspections techniques will be required on site
Other Skills / Abilities
* Technical report writing skills.
* Strong computer skills with proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. * Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
* Ability to maintain positive working relations with client and co-workers.
* Mentoring skills.
* Ability to work extended hours.
Education and Experience
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Strong work ethic
* Exceptional safety and quality awareness
* Mechanical aptitude
* Adaptable to changing schedules
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Team work
* Receptive to directions
* Strong Organizational skills
* Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, visual acuity, accommodation and color vision
* Moving, carrying, lifting, objects in excess of 50 lbs.
* Climbing and working off of ladders, stairs, high reach, and scaffolding in excess of 100 ft.
* Working extended hours and standing for extended periods of time
* Work in indoor and out door environments in conditions of extreme heat and cold
* Work in and near industrial hazards
Acuren Inspection, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.