PRV & Gauge CalibTec
Posted: 11/27/2019 1:28:41 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
* The primary function of a PRV & Gauge calibration technician is to conduct testing of various pressure relief valves and calibrate gauges on board rigs and platforms in the Gulf of Mexico.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Testing of various pressure relief valves and gauges
* Calibration and documentation of certified test equipment
* Conduct maintenance on K2 pressure testing equipment as and when required
* Keep Client and office informed of progress of work.
* Submission of reports and ensure accuracy of data captured.
* Follow relevant API / ASME / K2 Standards
* Be able to work offshore for extended periods (up to 28 days)
* Complete reports in line with K2 requirements.
* Comply to K2 HSE requirement.
* Play an active role in developing the skills of other team members.
* Liaise with clients on a day to day basis in order to get workscopes closed out on time and as per agreed scope.
* Provide daily site reports to onshore management.
* Create technical reports for all testing and calibration using the Applus K2 database.
* Assist in the training of PRV assistant technicians on site.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Be reasonably fit and able to work at various heights.
* Detail oriented with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process; ability to understand and read complex design and fabrication plans and specifications.
* Must have analytical capabilities for customer needs assessment and solutions identification.
* A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, and follow-thru.
* Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
* Knowledge of Industry Codes.
* Knowledge of arithmetic and algebra.
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Unusually decisive in handling difficult problems. Translates problems into practical solutions.
* Shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be completed.
* Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus+. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Possess excellent communication skills to convey information to customers and colleagues effectively, through verbal and written communication.
* Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
* Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
* Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
Education and Work Experience:
* Must have understanding the fundamentals of fluid/air high pressure testing
* Must have 2+ years experience working as PRV technician
* Must have knowledge of relevant API and ASME Standards
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* Offshore water survival is preferred but can be provided for the right candidate.
Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients' assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards