ASNT Level III Inspection Manager
Posted: 11/27/2019 10:36:11 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Permanent Full Time Opportunity
We are currently seeking an ASNT Level III Inspection Manger for our clients Quality Dept. in Mississippi. This is a full time, permanent opportunity. The Responsible Inspection Manager is a required designation of our clients Aerospace and OCTG customers. Responsible for the implementation and overall administration of NAS 410, ASNT and customer-specific Nondestructive testing qualification and certification requirements for NDT and visual/dimensional personnel.
In this position, you will have full technical responsibility for interpreting, planning, organizing, executing, coordinating, and tracking progress of internal and project-specific assignments. Plan and direction NDT projects concerned with unique and diverse problems which have an important effect on major programs or products within the company. Maintains liaison with individuals and units within or outside the organization and has responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to their field.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee works in a plant environment that is not climate controlled. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. This is a tobacco free work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Nondestructive Testing, Engineering, or equivalent, or four years’ experience in at least two applicable Nondestructive Testing methods plus four years’ experience as Nondestructive Testing Level III.
- ASNT Level III certification.
- Certified Nondestructive Testing Level III examination
- PAUT and PT experience (3 to 5 year minimum).
- Progressive experience including project responsibility requiring the direction of the efforts of several inspectors.
- Demonstrated capability to work with customers and or other internal organization(s) developing part/process/activities in a concurrent team approach environment while holding responsibility for the outcome of the project.
- Individual will have contributed significantly to new or improved nondestructive testing methods and techniques. Has demonstrated ability to lead projects involving direction of other inspectors and technicians.
- Individual must show capability to maintain, or create, and supervise a group of inspectors and technicians that are able to perform in a team environment while personal accountability and individual growth is encouraged.
Drive For Results