Asst. RSO / RT Technician
Posted: 12/3/2019 1:52:43 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
BWX Technologies, Inc.
Asst. RSO/ Radiation Technician - BWX Technologies, Inc. - Barberton, OH
Recruiter Contact: Dan Wismar - 330-861-5537
The Assistant Radiation Technician Safety Officer is responsible for the execution of BWXT’s Radiation Safety Program, for recommending or approving corrective actions, identifying radiation safety problems, initiating action, and ensuring compliance with regulations and conditions of our license.
The position will also administratively support RT operations by:
1) preparing RTS Reports that are associated with process plans that are assigned to RT
2) initiate and file all forms that are associated with the Radiation Safety Program
3) manage the shipments of survey meters, dosimeters, and area monitors, as required, for calibration
4) maintain penetrameter maintenance and calibrations
5) maintain all film badges and film badge reports
6) create RT Upgrade reports and perform RT upgrades, as required
7) assemble contract information books, as required
8) manage the filing of all radiographs and preparing radiographs for permanent storage, and
9) assist the supervisor in maintaining the daily work schedule.
1-3 years' experience in quality control activities. Experience in RT processes preferred, ARSO or RSO experience preferred.
Must have excellent administrative, organizational, computer, and communication skills.
US Citizenship required.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.