Posted: 12/10/2019 10:22:30 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
perm position with relocation
With 90 locations throughout North America, Acuren Inspection, Inc. is the leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). Providing a wide range of services in many industries including: Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace. Inspection is our history and our focus for growth. We are a Rockwood company, the worldwide leader in NDT service and technology with over 3,000 technical professionals in Acuren, Hellier NDT Training, and Sperry Rail Service -- NDT firms run by NDT people!
The Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) is the primary liaison between the Licensee and Government Regulatory Agencies. The RSO works with all levels of the divisional organization to ensure radiation safety and environmental compliance. This position will work closely with operations to develop plans, procedures and training to accomplish these and other radiation and environmental safety goals.
Execute the responsibilities of a Radiation Safety Officer according to lawful and ethical standards. Uphold, safeguard, and promote Acuren's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, integrity, safety, quality, and corporate responsibility.
Safety: Adhere to and encourage a culture that embraces safety, recognizes hazards, and takes action to minimize risk. Ensure employees conduct hazard assessments on every job and that all staff understands they are not to take risks and must refuse unsafe work. Provide resources to ensure we use quality and appropriate safety equipment, carry out safety training where required, and to conduct safety audits on a regular basis. Provide direct management and leadership in the investigation of all safety incidents.
Quality: Focuses to ensure clients are provided with quality services in a timely manner. Worker training, use of procedures, project supervision and peer review are all areas that require focus in Acuren's business. Ensure our equipment is maintained and calibrated as applicable. Has direct responsibility to ensure that technical personnel performing testing and inspection operations have the correct certifications and are using current procedures.
Efficiency: Ensure compliance with Radiation Safety and Environmental Programs. Audit on-the-job radiation safety performance, compliance and corrective actions. Ensure that required surveys and leak tests are performed and documented. Maintains divisional statistics and prepares monthly reports. Ensures clients' needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Administers Radiation Safety Procedures and maintain required records and documentation.
* Participates in the investigation of radiation safety incidents and ensure all corrective actions completed.
* Coordinates the delivery of radiation safety classes and radiation safety examinations.
* Monitors Hazardous Waste disposal in the division.
* Establish and oversee all operating, emergency, ALARA procedures audit routinely to ensure compliance to all regulations.
* Monitor occupation radiation exposures to identify trends and potential problems.
* Monitors transportation of radioactive materials to ensure compliance with Hazmat-DOT regulations.
* Involvement in any licensing and reciprocity actions.
* Recommends new methods and approaches toward improving radiation safety within the region to ensure compliance and where possible, exceed the expectations for compliance to maintain the excellent standing of the company.
* As a minimum, Certified NDT Level II radiographer
* Minimum of two years of field experience as a radiographer
* Additional technical certifications in other NDT methods (helpful)
* Experience as a Radiation Safety Officer an asset
* Understanding and knowledge of both Gamma and X-ray as it pertains to "The Regulations for the Control of radiation and the Environmental Protection Compliance" issues as it relates to a NDT company.
* Demonstrated experience as a leader
* Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills both written and verbal
* Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong MS -- Excel skills
* Must have excellent time management, interpersonal, computer and management skills
* Highly organized and ability to manage time effectively
* Ability to work in a rapidly changing growing environment
* Capable of corresponding and coordinating data from multiple sources
* Detailed oriented
* Strong work ethic
* Willingness and ability to work overtime routinely
* Willingness to travel
* Must be able to pass a thorough background screening
Physical demands commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job include; moving, carrying, and lifting over one pound up to 70 pounds. Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, acuity- near and far, and color vision.
* Competitive Salary
* Medical, dental, and supplemental insurance
* 401K Plan
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Time Off
Acuren Inspection, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.