Posted: 1/6/2020 11:59:55 AM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
With 90 locations throughout North America, Acuren Inspection, Inc. is the leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). Providing a wide range of services in many industries including: Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace. Inspection is our history and our focus for growth. We are a Rockwood company, the worldwide leader in NDT service and technology with over 4,000 technical professionals in Acuren and Hellier NDT Training. -- NDT firms run by NDT people!
The Project Manager will provide tactical and strategic project management across one or more complex, major initiatives.
Working alongside internal development teams, business stakeholders, and in many cases, customers, you will act as a leader, liaison and, eventually, subject-matter expert in supporting delivery of change through technology. You will work with many different groups to define the product roadmap, keep everyone organized with project plans and catered communications, facilitate agile execution, and support product delivery. Our organization is disparate and complex, with many moving parts, so staying organized while multi-tasking will be of paramount importance for this role.
• Dispatching NDE personnel to cover all job assignments originating from client and contractors.
• Daily client contact regarding all site matters.
• Attend required meetings with client on an as needed basis.
• Holding daily "tailgate" meetings with personnel covering topics such as:
• Site safety (in conjunction with site safety manager)
• Quality of services provided
• Performance and productivity of the technicians.
• Equipment needs.
• Updates/reminders of site rules.
• Assist with quotations (in conjunction with site timekeeper).
• Maintaining all site supplies and equipment, including control measures and inventory/stocking.
• Provide oversight and mentoring for all NDT operations on site.
• Communication with the Division Operations Supervisor regarding personnel and equipment needs.
• Upkeep of site trailer, equipment and vehicle maintenance needs.
• Enforcing all Acuren and site specific requirements.
• Engage in "site selling" practices in an effort to obtain additional work at the site. This includes building business relationships with all clients and potential clients.
• Review and interpret plant drawings, P&ID's, ISO's etc.
• Communicate with site and Division personnel via email.
• Track service calls, work flow status, purchase order information, and purchase order status in relation to percent complete in conjunction with site timekeeper.
• When required, walk down plant equipment with NDE personnel to assure proper inspection method(s) and location prior to inspection.
• Constant focus on improvement of service offering to client.
Other Duties and Expectations
• Bachelors degree in business or related field preferred
• NDT Level III Certification preferred
• Strong Technical background in multiple NDT methods and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT tasks and interpret results of inspections
• Knowledge of NDT equipment
• High energy with ability to work in a fast paced office environment.
• Excellent communication skills
Track record of positive customer relations
Project management experience
NDT experience preferred or experienced in a related industry (construction, oil & gas services, industrial maintenance)
5-7 years progressive management experience
Proficient in Microsoft programs with strong Excel, Word and Outlook skills
Excellent math skills
Demonstrated ability to effectively manage people, projects and meet financial objectives
Strong analytical skills and business acumen
Strong interpersonal, communication, and team building skills
Exceptional attention to safety and quality
Adaptable to change
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Will work in a field environment, walking, standing, lifting, climbing, pulling, pushing, and sitting and in confined cramped spaces. May have exposure to dirt, heat, fumes, smoke, fire, water, noise, vibration, grease, shavings, etc
Acuren Inspection, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.