Level II UT or Entry Level UT (Classroom UT Training Req)
Posted: 1/23/2020 5:34:24 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
International Inspection Inc.
Level II UT or Entry Level UT (Classroom UT Training Req)- Los Angeles, CA (Santa Fe Springs)
International Inspection Inc. (ATS) has a full-time long-term Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Technician position available located in Los Angeles, CA (Santa Fe Springs). The Level II Inspector is part of a team that provides testing and support to our wide range of clientele in the following methods: Ultrasonic, Liquid Penetrant, Visual, Magnetic Particle, and Radiographic testing. Experience with NDT on marine vessels is preferred but not required. Formal NDT education and method experience hours are required for this position.
While this position will be expected to help in a variety of ways, the following are part of the core purpose of the position and will likely be done on a daily basis
- Perform non-destructive testing and examination at client sites
- Manage equipment and materials necessary for the completion of inspection
- Compile client reports including drawings using CAD and word processors
- Work with clients to locate and identify indications and their probable causes
- General shop-assistant duties to keep the NDT shop in working order
- A command of Microsoft Office products including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Knowledge of marine vessel nomenclature appreciated but not required
- Knowledge of NDT fundamentals in UT SKILLS
- Professional communication
- Meet deadlines for work and reports, potentially on nights and weekends
EDUCATION, TRAINING, & EXPERIENCE:
Each candidate must be able to provide proof of:
- High School Diploma, GED, or College Certification
- Documented NDT classroom training and method experience (OJT) hours
- Valid Drivers License
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- TWIC and/or DBIDS credentials or ability to get them
- Experience and proficiency with UT, MT, PT, VT, RT (Rad Safety/State/IRRSP card preferred)
NDT Technicians may work in confined spaces or be subject to heights. Must be comfortable in all working situations, comfortable working in areas around machinery with extreme noise levels, and must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection. This position may travel to more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes. Ideal candidates will be willing and able to travel and work varying schedules.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The NDT technician must be capable of doing all of the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
NDT Technicians must be able to lift up to 50lbs of gear and materials, must be able to be on your feet for long periods of time. Must be capable of sufficient clarity of speech, hearing, or other communication to interact effectively with coworkers and clients. Sufficient vision or other powers of observation to ASNT standards is required. The technician must have sufficient manual dexterity which permits the employee to perform routine duties. This position requires sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a marine vessel or industrial environment which includes the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via narrow ladders and stairwells.
Please email resume to: email@example.com
Fulltime Level II UT or Entry Level UT (Classroom UT Training Req)- Los Angeles, CA (Santa Fe Springs)